What pads? - for my Kestrel DAS-6

James B

OK everyone I'm taking the plunge today and buying a machine polisher. Already got Meg's Ultimate Compound (as yet unopened) on forum recommendation, to tackle the swirl marks in my paintwork and getting Dodo Blue Velvet or Purple Haze to wax.

Just want to know what pads (type, brand etc) I should get to start me off? Think the polisher comes with a 5" backing plate if that helps.

Come on everyone. I need your help! :)

i am currently sat in my play room burning time, waiting for a delivery from Monzacarcare.com I have been dealing with them of late and Eamonn is a super helpful chap. I have had a Monza yellow pad - for the Kestrel I bought off him - and a black Monza finishing pad.

I have buggered the yellow pad - hence the new order - by failing to keep the polisher flat at all times.

Based on this, and it seems you are new too, I would buy the cheapies first cos your gonna buggerem :)

I did get a little excited and bought a couple of different types of pad, just to play with :thumbs:

another tip I learnt: one product per pad ! Do not cross the beams :scare: I ended up with a cloudy mess. Second attempt was much more sucsessful :dance:

Have fun now ya hear B)