NW Drive Out - Spring 2007 - 15th April

Digsy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop worrying!

Have faith, I've booked it! B)

It will be dry, with a little bit of sun breaking out for good photos now and again......

I wouldn't let you all down ;)

You had better be right Jacko ;)

Yeah, I'm tempted at staying in Chester too, as it's a bit of a drive from Stratford but will need to book somewhere quick!

So long as I can find a cheap hotel with a bar I'll be happy

Yeah, I'm tempted at staying in Chester too, as it's a bit of a drive from Stratford but will need to book somewhere quick!

So long as I can find a cheap hotel with a bar I'll be happy

Sort it quickly Mini as from what everyone was saying, it was getting full! :thumbs:

Dear all,

Just to let you know that in the next day or so I'm going to be sending out PMs to all parties with confirmations about some of the details and asking for some pertinent infomation.

Can I just ask that you respond as quickly as you can to the PMs so that I can collate the information asap and pass on where neccessary.

Not to worry anyone, its only going to be around mobile numbers (in case of delays, missing people etc) and assistance in helping out the pub with meals etc. If you think I already have your mobile number (which I do a lot of) then I'd please like you to confirm in case any have changed/been updated etc)

Anyone that went last time will understand that due to numbers, it was a hell of a lot easier just to bypass the menu and go for carvery, so as much as possible I'd like to do the same. Its a lot better for all parties if we just say we're going to have x number of carverys etc. especially in helping out the kitchen due to the massive amount of numbers thats going to hit them!

I realise that will not be applicable to all, as will have some vegetarians etc so there will be other choices of the menu. Food has always been great here, so don't worry that you'll not find anything, just that it might take a little longer!

Anyway, don't respond here please. Await the PM or PM me directly if you know now that you happy just to take the carvery etc......

Anyone that's wondering, it was the usual 3x choices of meat and lots of spuds/veg etc.....

Was bloody lovely! :thumbs::D

I was flicking through my new Evo mag at the weekend and in their eCOTY feature there's a picture of the team sitting eating roast lamb baps outside a pub, apparently in Wales. It looks and sounds suspiciously like our pub in Bala. Anyone else seen this?

Yes i think it is the same pub in Bala, looked like the same roads too that we used from Bala to Betsi :thumbs:

Would be great to get another meet like this sorted again for early next year, maybe in the spring. :thumbs:

Count me in! :thumbs:

UPDATED WITH PARTICIPANTS as of 05/05/07 15:00

Latest updates....

1 beavis (+1)................................... Ultra Yellow GT4 Coupe

2 M13KYF (+1)................................. Azure GT Coupe

3 lomoto (+1) ................................. Sunset Coupe

4 Chesterfield (+1)........................... Ultra Yellow GT4 Coupe

5 Ruby slippers (+1)......................... Blade Coupe

6 Digsy (+1)..................................... Blade Coupe

7 TheMinel ....................................... Azure Coupe

8 AndyC (+1)................................... Azure Coupe

9 Kai (+1)........................................... Blade Coupe

10 D4V3 GT4 (+1)............................. Kuro GT4 Coupe

11 stuey...........................................Kuro Coupe

12 Kev .............................................. "Guest" BMW 6

13 Zedrush ...................................... Blade Coupe

14 bluelady....................................... Azure Roadster

15 redzed (+1)................................. Chilli

16 Liam's Z (If not to rough)............... Kuro Coupe

17 Zzzz (+1)..................................... Gun Metal Coupe

18 Morg........................................... Chilli

19 Jacko ......................................... Azure GT Coupe

20 letank87 (+1)............................. Gun Metal Coupe

21 mini ...........................................Gun Metal Coupe

22 sgdavies .................................... Blade Coupe

23 davestan (+1)............................. Gun Metal Coupe

24 jonathan73 (+1 pos).................. Kuro GT4 Coupe

25 D20NNY (+1).............................. Blade Coupe

26 Sarnie (+1)................................ Ultra Yellow Gt4 Coupe (Nismo)

27 GlenMH (+1).............................. Azure GT Roadster

28 Tim Barks (+1)........................... "Guest" LM blue GTR skyline

29 choptop.....................................Blade GT Roadster

30 hanel......................................... Azure GT Roadster

31 stevie_350z.................................... Kuro Coupe

32 Nana Moon..................................... White Coupe

33 Billy7766.........................................Unknown Z

34 Blazed (+1) .................................... Ebisu Coupe

35 Neil (+1)......................................Azure Coupe

Just a thought could someone stick up the meeting point and time etc, at the first post point so it's easy to find :)

Ok, I'll do a full "meeting morning post" soon as just in work at mo :blush:

Will be meeting from 9am (for those that want an early morning coffee and chat) at Chester Roadchef services on J14 of M56 on morning of 15th April.

http://www.roadchef.com/locations/chester.htm

Will be there till 10am (or as quickly as we can leave after that point) but sure it will be 10:15 by the time we get everyone on the way.

Therefore for meeting purposes, be there between 9am - 10am or be left behind! B)

:thumbs:

I know the info is in here somewhere but there are 48 pages on this thread so....where are people staying on the Saturday night? I'm London based, so having previously thought I'd drive up and back in a day realistically that's not going to happen and I now plan to drive up Saturday evening aiming to arrive around 9 (all of which assumes I have a car by then!)

I know the info is in here somewhere but there are 48 pages on this thread so....where are people staying on the Saturday night? I'm London based, so having previously thought I'd drive up and back in a day realistically that's not going to happen and I now plan to drive up Saturday evening aiming to arrive around 9 (all of which assumes I have a car by then!)

Will,

Read this mate! :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7109&highlight=

I think most are stopping in the Hoole Road area of Chester, the info is on here somewhere :thumbs:

That’s one very impressive list, in a few days I’ll know if I can make this…. It would be good to meet you all… B):thumbs:

Go on......you know you want to ;)

That’s one very impressive list, in a few days I’ll know if I can make this…. It would be good to meet you all… B):thumbs:

Go on......you know you want to ;)

Yeah go on get your name down! :thumbs:

to the powers that be thanks for letting my mate Tim barks come along, for those who dont know him he runs a well established tuning company in holywell north wales called MVS, he mostly looks after skylines and with his new purpose built workshop he wants to expand into the 350z market, his next project car is likely to be a zed (it will be a monster if his previous cars are anything to go by!).

he started off building monster trucks at a young age and has 2 custom built full size trucks which he used to compete with over here and in America, I often see his ugly mug on men and motors! but the constant impacting damaged his back so he moved into custom building skylines, so far he has built 3 cars, one a road going gts t, another a stripped out big power track car, and his new one the blue GTR, these cars have to be seen to be beieved, the attention to detail ive never seen anything like.

He appreciates you guys letting him come out in his non zed car and is looking forward to meeting you all, and for those in the north wales area he would certainly be interested in meeting your servicing and modifying requirements, he looks after my car anyway and he is the only person i would trust to do so, hes not the sort of guy to pester you to bring your car to him but he will be there for a chat with anyone and will have some of his business cards to give out if thats ok :D

this is his track car:

trackday2012.jpg

the important bit:

chincruise002.jpg

action shots:

trackday2085.jpg

trackday2095.jpg

to the powers that be thanks for letting my mate Tim barks come along, for those who dont know him he runs a well established tuning company in holywell north wales called MVS, he mostly looks after skylines and with his new purpose built workshop he wants to expand into the 350z market, his next project car is likely to be a zed (it will be a monster if his previous cars are anything to go by!).

he started off building monster trucks at a young age and has 2 custom built full size trucks which he used to compete with over here and in America, I often see his ugly mug on men and motors! but the constant impacting damaged his back so he moved into custom building skylines, so far he has built 3 cars, one a road going gts t, another a stripped out big power track car, and his new one the blue GTR, these cars have to be seen to be beieved, the attention to detail ive never seen anything like.

He appreciates you guys letting him come out in his non zed car and is looking forward to meeting you all, and for those in the north wales area he would certainly be interested in meeting your servicing and modifying requirements, he looks after my car anyway and he is the only person i would trust to do so, hes not the sort of guy to pester you to bring your car to him but he will be there for a chat with anyone and will have some of his business cards to give out if thats ok :D

this is his track car:

trackday2012.jpg

the important bit:

chincruise002.jpg

action shots:

trackday2085.jpg

trackday2095.jpg

Sounds like an interesting chap! :thumbs: