WARNING ON MULTICAR POLICY COSTS

Vik54

A word to the wise folks - I've had a multicar policy with Admiral since I got the zed - for the last two years it has come out the cheapest.

Renewal came in last week ... I've shopped around through the meerkat and found that actually multi-car policy came out nearly £400 more expensive than me insuring the zed with my partner as named driver and him insuring the Astra with me as named driver - granted I have reduced expected mileage on the zed and increased it on the Astra but get this... we took ZERO VOLUNTARY EXCESS this year whereas we've always taken £200 voluntary ontop of compulsory. I had also lost my NCB as a result of my partner's claim last year when he rolled the zed into a parked car - because the zed is in my name - the claim didn't go against him it went against me!! :bangin:

So we've gone back to separate policies - but still with Admiral :shrug:

I recently got a very good quote on all three of my cars on admiral!

you can also bargain with them and knock it down! Worked out £1000 for the zed, a golf and the Landcruiser! Saved about £300! :)