SOLD Invidia N1 exhaust (the K1 original)

andyvvc

Came off my car recently. It is in need of a good polish with some autosol. Rear cans will also probably need some alternate exhaust hangers, or a good fitter (slight knock when on my car due to fitment). Exhaust includes rear can sections, rear splitter pipe, and centre pipe.

Both rear cans have a light 'maraca' sort of shake noise to them - i think the interior honeycomb structure may have begun to rot due to age. Other than this, it's in good condition and really just needs a tidy up and a decent fitter to make it right. Includes bungs.

Looking for £150 or good offer due to condition - preferably collected (J26 M1)

CIMG3025.jpg

CIMG3026.jpg

CIMG3029.jpg

CIMG3028.jpg

CIMG3030.jpg

On car pic below:

CIMG2331a.jpg

I've attacked one of the rear cans with Autosol metal polish - comes up lovley! Also, the 'maracca' noise is really quiet and wont be an audible issue when fitted. (Can barely be heard when aggressively shaking the rear can in your hands).

Centre pipe and rear pipes behind the cans will also polish up nicely - might be easier with an orbital polisher tho, less elbow grease required :teeth:

Any takers? Any offers?

What was it like for noise on long journey's / motorway cruising speeds compared with the standard exhaust? Can I ask why you're selling?

I'm certainly interested and having listened to a few youtube clips I really like the raspy howl but I'm always wary of ruining the cars good long distance cruising ability with a droning or boomy exhaust.

Cheers

Steven

^^^^^ You do NOT want this N1 exhaust mate. It's the second-loudest exhaust available for the Zed, behind the (slightly) louder K1 version which doesnt have the fatter centre pipe for *some* sound deadening. Compared to 'standard' it will blow your ears off, even with the bungs in. Its an exhaust for drivers who dont mind the extra noise. When cruising its seemed ok to me, no real boom or resonance noise. But when you put your foot down the car you are overtaking KNOWS YOU ARE OVERTAKING if you get my picture :lol:

With the bungs in its a gloriuos noise, but too loud for me. Others love it! With the bungs OUT it's utterly bonkers and sounds VERY loud on wide open throttle.

I now have a new Greddy back box fitted which is perfectly docile when pootling/idling, but has a nice deep rasp when you blip the throttle. When driving in lower gears and flooring it, it howls nicely! I do miss the extreme noise of the bunged up N1, but only on those few occasions when i go thru a tunnel or under a bridge. 99% of the time, the new Greddy wins hands down :teeth:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I might end up shipping them, had a few PMs already. However, it isnt light and will probably cost an arm-and-a-leg to get thru the postal system :wacko:

I would still prefer pickup - Im only about 5 mins from J26 of the M1, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire.... :thumbs:

I might end up shipping them, had a few PMs already. However, it isnt light and will probably cost an arm-and-a-leg to get thru the postal system :wacko:

I would still prefer pickup - Im only about 5 mins from J26 of the M1, Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire.... :thumbs:

17 quid with paisley freight :thumbs:

• 7 months later...

Glad to see you got my PM at last :lol:

Yes I'm still interested in it, PM me a contact number and I'll give you a call about it.

I think this is Seb's old zorst off his original zed? if it is I went out for a spin in that car when he first had it fitted. Sounded nice. It was a bit more shiney then though :lol:

Cheers,

Paul :)