Bose stereo Mod for iPod, how is it done?

Midnight Z

Hi everyone and I apologise if this has been asked before. I have tried researching this already but couldn't find anything.

I've read in the forum that it is possible to have your Bose stereo modified to connect your iPod or iPhone. I'm really very interested in this but wonder if I can do it myself.

Does anyone know how it is done? Sounds like it involves replacing the functionality of the cassette player.

Thanks

I recently sold an Ipod connector for the Bose - charges your Ipod and you can choose tracks using your stereo buttons on steering wheel and unit - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47737

Theres a how-to in the for sale thread.

Does that connector actually work in the UK spec cars? I found out about those when I was looking up iPod solutions before I bought my car but since then I read they don't work in UK Zeds.

I would prefer to use this method since it doesn't permanently alter the stereo operation (whereas the hack cuts out the cassette deck permanently, correct me if I'm wrong).

I recently sold an Ipod connector for the Bose - charges your Ipod and you can choose tracks using your stereo buttons on steering wheel and unit - viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47737

Theres a how-to in the for sale thread.

Does that connector actually work in the UK spec cars? I found out about those when I was looking up iPod solutions before I bought my car but since then I read they don't work in UK Zeds.

I would prefer to use this method since it doesn't permanently alter the stereo operation (whereas the hack cuts out the cassette deck permanently, correct me if I'm wrong).

That interface only works with US and JDM models as they have the connection at the back of the Headunit, UK models do not have this connection

That interface only works with US and JDM models as they have the connection at the back of the Headunit, UK models do not have this connection

Thanks for the confirmation. It's a shame there isn't a similar solution for UK owners. Mod it is then.

Pm cookbot, he did mine and it's mint. I'm sure he willmbe able to point you in the write direction.

Thanks for the advice, will do! :thumbs: