Charity Day, North West Sunday 26 March

Kuro

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First is good for me. Down to Kuro. Junction 14 services?

Val, seeing as it's only me and you from manchester, suggest meeting on the A56 Manchester Road. Seeing as it's on the way to the M56. Do you know where Homebase is or Halfords on the A56. Could meet there at 7.40am :yawn:

If you wanna stick with original place,and time, fine :thumbs: Can just pick up the M56 off the M60 Junction 6.

looks good to me folks :teeth:

So are we saying 8:15 then..?

I feel I shoud mention that there is a small chance that I will need to make a trip to Scotland this weekend. (family stuff - timing :surrender: )

But I should be there!

M56 J14 - will need to print this thread I reckon ;)

First is good for me. Down to Kuro. Junction 14 services?

Val, seeing as it's only me and you from manchester, suggest meeting on the A56 Manchester Road. Seeing as it's on the way to the M56. Do you know where Homebase is or Halfords on the A56. Could meet there at 7.40am :yawn:

If you wanna stick with original place,and time, fine :thumbs: Can just pick up the M56 off the M60 Junction 6.

yeah that Halfords in Altringham? Fine by me, Halfords car park,

7:40am although I'd have taken the M60-M56 tbh ;) quicker from where I am :)

val ..... VAL ...... VAL

Wake up :yahoo::boxing::thumbs:

If I can't get any extra sleep ....... then you're not going to either !!!!!!!

Looks like I'm getting up early on Sunday then !!!!!! BAR STEWARD

Nikki will probably head back and go riding ...... what time is debs out on Sunday ??????

Get the hose ready too ..... I'm gonna have to swill the zed off if we're looking trying to impress on Sunday :scare:

val ..... VAL ...... VAL

Wake up :yahoo::boxing::thumbs:

If I can't get any extra sleep ....... then you're not going to either !!!!!!!

Looks like I'm getting up early on Sunday then !!!!!! BAR STEWARD

Nikki will probably head back and go riding ...... what time is debs out on Sunday ??????

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

weather forecast looks a bit shite mate :(

oh shite I'll have to start cleaning the house! :scare::scare::scare: doh, no sleep for me then :(

Debbie will be out by 8ish I'm afraid :(:lol:

so I'm booking @ LPB then! ;)

recapping:

Glyn and myself (and Jacko if he decides to come) will meet Mike @ Halfords car park, Altringham 7:40

Max and Kuro will meet us @ 8:15 (although seems a bit tight to get there for our convoy, but we'll try and make it) at service station carpark off J14 M53

Total number of spaces booked: 5

venue: Vauxhall Plant car park, off J6 M53

charityPoster.jpg

So if it's 6 Zeds we'll have to rob an extra space :)

and: CLOCKS GOING FORWARD ON SATURDAY NIGHT, SO MAKE SURE THE ALARM CLOCK IS SET CORRECTLY!

banner looks b---dy good,leaving home at about 6.30 should take about one and half /one three quarter hour.

working 12 hour shift tonight so will need some sleep tomorrow as well as cleaning the z, plus clocks go forword awe well.

banner looks b---dy good,leaving home at about 6.30 should take about one and half /one three quarter hour.

working 12 hour shift tonight so will need some sleep tomorrow as well as cleaning the z, plus clocks go forword awe well.

cool mate, I washed the Z and polished thoroughly last week, now it's a bit dirty again but decided I'm not gonna clean it until we get there tomorrow, that's if it doesn't rain otherwise not bothering :lol::)

hello all!!!!!!!!!!

was a GREAT DAY! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

enjoyed every minute of it, even the early (VERY) drive, meet with Mike (M13KYF), and then Mark (MAX) and misses :)

No shows: Jacko and Kuro (organiser! :scare:) shame, you missed a great day out for a great cause! :(

So, 3 members in all, representing our Club. We had a good chat with Mike Brewer, who LOVES the 350Z, he tested lots of tyres for Nissan when they were developing the 350Z together with other journalists in 2002 before the UK launch, they chose TOYOS, but apparently Nissan couldn't go with them! :( So we ended up with the RE040s :wacko:

He loved the cars, we got a mention off him when he was presenting the prizes for the day, but sadly noone won :(

I then attempted a Rolling Road session on the Mobile one they had there (apparently the same guys that did the Northwich OC NW rolling road session). First run the guy let off @ 5300RPMs the weirdo, so I told him to let it bounce off the rev limiter, in the second run, but apparently heat soak was already a factor according to them. also said the other Zs did come out with more or less the same numbers as mine...

Anyway, after plenum, intake, cats and exhaust (and after rolling in 2005 at the NW dyno day 274 @ the crank and 237@ the wheels) I now push.........

244,9BHP at the crank! according to them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I definitely don't think my car lost 30bhp with my mods, I'd feel it. Even on the way back, the ehm "runs" with Mike's standard Z were definitely even (if not edging in my favour, despite bouncing off the REV limiter a couple of gears :lol::blush: ) so........

bottom line is....... WE NEED THE UTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pics here http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=48

Yes most enjoyable day. Mike Brewer seemed very keen on the 350z and I managed to slip him a card for his sound guy who also has a 350z. Nice to meet up with Val, Mark and Karen.

Val, as for edging in your favor. I didn't know we were trying. I was just cruising :p Don't think their rolling road was that good though. Seemed a bit cowboy.

Some more pictures. Val do you want to add them to the meet gallery as I can't.

http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=50

EDIT from TheMinel: added them to the gallery ;)