Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Dicky

Anyone fitted LED DRL (and got pic's) or can recommend any cos I'm thinking of fitting some. Not those horrible Audi ones (beauty's in the eye of the beholder I suppose) more like the ones fitted to Porsche models.

Seen some on this website but not sure how to create the address into a shortcut for you so just copied and pasted it. :blush:

http://www.car-mod-shop.co.uk/DRL%20LED ... s-E-Marked

Thought I might just fit them to the front bumper, they cant be very heavy, the ones on the website come as a small oblong shape. Either there of poss try to fit them to the front bumper amber reflctors :headhurt:

DRLs in the slots for the front reflectors would look pretty good i reckon, although possibly a bit Citroen DS3-ish. also unsure on the legal stuff to do with needing reflectors etc, but just a thought...

speak to husky i think i builds these

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=41016&hilit=Boycey&start=15

Check the post above, I've just pictures of led lights fitted to my 08 where the orange reflectors should be

Mazman did them for me

They look (in geordie) "geet good man".

Did he use the led strips you can buy or a redy made light unit and are they fully enclosed behind and protected from the weather?

also unsure on the legal stuff to do with needing reflectors etc,

There is no legal requirement for a side reflector otherwise all U.K cars would have them. I would assume they are a nod to the U.S market where that type of thing is common. Not sure about the legality in the U.S.

The only requirement for the U.K market in that respect is the side indicator which should flash orange. Obviously the trend has gone towards using orange bulbs with white lenses as these look better than the previous orange 'blobs' on the sides of cars. Why Nissan would follow this trend on the Z, then choose to fit a massive 8 inch orange reflector in the sides of the front bumper remains a mystery. The least they could have done was fit white reflectors for markets that preferred to lose the orange....as with the indicators. At least they are not as noticeable on an orange car. ;)

Marzman provided the led strip and I sourced the clear reflector and sent them to him. Got the reflectors from Chilli Red but don't think she trades anymore sadly.

Marzman cut a hole in the top, placed and glue'd them in and siliconed it back to make them waterproof. I then had Japex in Watford fit them for me while it was being serviced. I think page 1 of the linked thread has all the info buddy