Problem with ESP/Traction control light

everj5

Hi, I bought a 350z a few weeks ago but it seems to have a fault. For the first 30/40mins of driving the dash is clear but then the ESP and traction control lights come on together. The traction control still seems to work and the problem can be reset by turning the car off then back on and it is fime for anouther 40 mins or so.

Does any one have any idea what could be causing this.

Thanks

has the car been fitted with after market wheels ? if so are they fitted with the correct tyre sizes etc ?. only ask as i seem to remember reading somewhere that it can cause issues.

No the alloys are standard and the tyre sizes are the correct size but thanks anyway. It is a strange problem and I think it may be engine management connected due to it resetting when I turn the car off and back on so hooking it up to a computer may be the only way.

thanks

No the alloys are standard and the tyre sizes are the correct size but thanks anyway. It is a strange problem and I think it may be engine management connected due to it resetting when I turn the car off and back on so hooking it up to a computer may be the only way.

thanks

what are your tyre sizes, lets double check

Tyre on the back are 245/45r18 but not sure about the front as i am at work and came on my bike today. the reason i Know the back is my mate was following me last week and said my wheel looked buckled so I took it to my local tyre garage and put it on a balancing machine and it was very buckled. Could this be the cause of the problem? I ordered a new alloy and it came today so I will take my car in on friday and get it changed anyway.

Thanks

I have had everything behind the wheel checked out and everything is fine. One have the new wheel fitted I will bet getting them alinged as it has new tyres on it aswell. I bought it private I swapped it for my X5. I will let u know how i get on when i get the new wheel fitted.

Thanks

Hi

I had my new alloy fitted today checked all my tyre pressures and had it laser alligned. I came to work tonight and the fault came in again but I drove the car harder as i was late and the fault came in 5 miles or so earlier that normal.

Also had it hooked up to a computer at a mates garage and no faults came up!!

Does any1 have anymore ideas?

Thanks

Yes, try this

Turn ignition on for about 6/7 seconds and then turn it back off. wait for 1 second

turn it back on, and repeat 1st step.

Do this 4 times and after the 4th time start the engine and after 6 seconds it should be gone! :thumbs:

Just tried the ignition on/off reset but it didnt work I tries it 4 times with a stop watch lol. I have read on other threads that doing it that way will reset it if the airbag light is flashing.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate, I have had this myself. Mine was a real cheap fix. I took it to a mates garage and he connected it up to the computer- it said brake fluid switch error and believe it or not It was literally the brake fluid level was low! Been good ever since.