Japshow 19th June

Guys, I have been looking for a place to meet to hand out club passes and theres not really anywhere close to the strip. The best place so far is a pub car park about 1 mile from the pod, its on the main road that leads to the strip.

This is the address for the sat navs guys!

87 London Road

Wollaston, Wellingborough NN29 7QS

Get Directions

01933 663 161

Ill sort out a time as soon as possible!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I have 8 club stand passes at the moment that have been posted through to me from Mike@z-club, we need to amend the list for people who are 100% coming to this event as were over subscribed at the moment!

1.DJtimodj (confirmed)

2.Paul_s (confirmed)

3.Tony420z

4.Smokey (confirmed)

5.Veislide Z

6.Peter10

7.Rabbitstew

8.Nismo'd

9.Wizard

Please say if you are confirmed guys!

I thought I would put up a little prize to the fastest 350/370Z down the drag strip at Santa Pod on the 19th June. There will be a prize for N/A cars and F/I cars

Prize's will be an oil and filter kit for your car ( we only use Motul oil and HKS filters)

I will require you to scan your time slip write you name and reg number on the scan and email it to me at mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk.

come over to see us @ Santa Pod as we are there running JB Project Z car that weekend.

Sounds like a brill idea mark, ile be there sunday with my club so ile give it a wirl :thumbs:

what would be a reasonable time be for a N/A zed then???? :blush:

Ok people this is the sunday timetable.

0800h Gates Open Main Gate

0800h Sign On Office Opens Startline Tower

0900h Pod Shop Opens Pod Shop

0900h Show Paddock Open to Entries Show Paddock

0930h Track Opens for RWYB Track

1000h Jap Drag Series Qualifier Track

1000h Drifting Starts Drift Track

1100h Fuelers Bar Opens Fuelers Bar

1100h Terry Grant Stunt Show Live Action Arena

1130h Jap Drag Series Qualifier Track

1130h Handling Track Opens Live Action Arena

1200h Jet Car Show Track

1200h Show Paddock Judging Starts Show Paddock

1300h Jap Drag Series Qualifier Track

1330h Show Car Winners Announced Show Paddock

1430h Jap Drag Series Elimination Track

1400h Handling Track Closes Live Action Arena

1500h Terry Grant Stunt Show Live Action Arena

1530h Jap Drag Series Semi Finals Track

1600h RWYB Competition Ends Track

1600h Jet Car Show Track

1630h Jap Drag Series Finals Track

1700h Track Closes Track

1705h Winners Presentations Startline

Gates open at 8am so I would say we need to be at our meeting location at 8am and ill hand out club passes and make our way to the pod at 8:15-8:20am...

This is the address for the sat navs guys!

87 London Road

Wollaston, Wellingborough NN29 7QS

The wollaston inn pub car park. See you guys there at 8am!!!

People who are having a go on the drag strip and handling track DONT FORGET DRIVING LICENCES AND HELMETS!

Thanks.

Hi Peter, don't worrie mate try and make it if not then pm me your mobile number and I'll Ron you later. I can meet you at the gate or send some on over to you with a club pass if you turn up a bit later I would have thought.

Hi,

I do apologize but I cant make it today im gutted! My mums been taken into hospital last night and Ive had to get over to see her in Good Hope Hospital Birmingham. Was looking forward to attending this meet. Sorry for any inconvenience caused with the tickets.

Stuart

Well...... I had a good day! :) Good to see JB and Abbey Motorsport lay down a good 6 second run Sunday, then a bye run then an unfortunate red light in the final which seems to be down to how the car shudders when on 2 step ( that's how I understood it, I'm sure Mark will correct me if I'm wrong :) ), breaking the beam. A real shame, but all part of the learning curve I guess. Nice tutu Jamie!!

Some great cars on show and some very impressive times by some of the street driven RWYB cars. I've never seen so many late model GTR's in one place!

Roll on next weekend for next strip action :teeth:

Guys, today was a great meet! Awesome action on track and a great atmosphere with the 240z,350z,370z crews! Paul_S has some great pic's from there too guys! Im just messing about with my go pro footage at the moment!

Paul, Ill drag you out onto the strip next time mate! :p Ray it was great to catch up mate and nice to have a fellow FI 350z to play with on track too!

again for all those who missed it!!! WHAT A DAY!!! John's drag car is SICK!!! The noise the anti-lag makes on the line has to be heard to be believed! :clap::surrender::blink:

Quick drag video from today! !

Cool video :thumbs: Not enough of my car though in my opinion :p There was a 350z with a Veilside kit that had a NOS kit, not sure if it was used on the strip though.

The drive home could have been worse (stuck in a huge amount of traffic on the M1 :angry:) had it not been that for a good part of the journey myself, Wizard and another Zed had a bit of fun for about 25 miles.

I stuck it in the media section but here's a few pictures to have a look through:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=50823