1st Gear

stuarty

Alrighty,

I'm looking for some advice. My car is a 2004 Gt with no mods. I'm having a problem changing into first gear mainly when my car is cold. When my car is running and stationary i have no problem going through the gears.

When i'm slowing down and i try to downshift into first gear ( below 5 mph) its really hard to put it into 1st. I sometimes have a problem going into second as well. All other gears are perfect.

Problem is not as bad when car warms up! I was thinking its because revs are higher when car is cold??

Just had a major service with gearbox/ diff oil changed with proper grades of oil. :wacko:

Yeah just how they are. My 1st gear is a bit clunky sometimes and so is 2nd. I think I know what you mean though, when crawling in traffic at very slow speeds it is nice sometimes to put it back in 1st especially if the engine is labouring a bit. I do this sometimes and it can work but it can be stubborn sometimes, you need to be very close to stationary for it to work.

Yeah just how they are. My 1st gear is a bit clunky sometimes and so is 2nd. I think I know what you mean though, when crawling in traffic at very slow speeds it is nice sometimes to put it back in 1st especially if the engine is labouring a bit. I do this sometimes and it can work but it can be stubborn sometimes, you need to be very close to stationary for it to work.

What you think of your panel filter mate? I'm getting a new zorst in june and i was thinking of dropping a panel filter in as well. Was thinking about an ITG, HKS or the likes. :D

What you think of your panel filter mate? I'm getting a new zorst in june and i was thinking of dropping a panel filter in as well. Was thinking about an ITG, HKS or the likes. :D

It's not too bad. I might have imagined it but the car seemed a bit more eager at low revs and pulls a bit more cleanly in high gears at low revs. Having said this the old filter was very dirty so it might have just been a change to a new one that helped :doh:

I wouldn't expect too much from it performance wise unless you remap but the Pipercross one is washable (foam rather than paper or cotton) and so should last the lifetime of the car which was one reason that I got it. It might be my imagination again, but i did seem to noticed a bit more induction noise at full throttle after putting it in.