Autoglym Rapid Detailer

Peter10

I ran out of Dodo Juice Red Mist this week a few days before Japfest and needed something I can take with me on the day just to clean it up when I'm there. Using a family discount I got the the Rapid Detailer for about £3. I've always liked Autoglym stuff but never used this before. Tested it out before work today and in my opinion, it is far, far better than Red Mist and is a lot cheaper to (even without the discount). So for those of you who don't use Red Mist or are looking to try an alternative, give it a go, gave me great results.

How do you define better? I've used their QD that comes with the clay kit and found it far far inferior to Red Mist. While they both are fine as a QD, Red Mist provides a nice level of protection and wet look shine that I didnt get from the Megs QD. Not sure its the same stuff though.

How do you define better? I've used their QD that comes with the clay kit and found it far far inferior to Red Mist. While they both are fine as a QD, Red Mist provides a nice level of protection and wet look shine that I didnt get from the Megs QD. Not sure its the same stuff though.

He said he used Autoglym not Meguires.

But Meguires do 3 types of 'Quik' detailer, the Ultimate is not for use with clay bars. But like I said, I don't think this is about Meguires. :shrug:

I wouldn't place Red Mist in the quick detailer category, its more of a spray sealant. You might find that if you use it as a QD to remove surface dirt/dust it will cause swirls.

Personally I use ONR or Megs Last Touch, then would use the likes of Red Mist or Zaino Z8 on top of that to seal and give a really glossy finish. Good to know the Autoglym is up to the job though, will give it a look once I run out of the others :)

Red mist on top of cured supernatural gives a fantastic finish imho. I wouldnt use Red mist as a quick detailer either, I'd run out way too fast.

I do like some Autoglym products, but never tried their rapid detailer stuff. May try it out if I get the chance.

I could do with a couple of shampoos for the clenaing kit to be honest. One for a ground up job so it strips wax, and a wax friendly one too. Born to be mild is one Id consider if there is any feedback from people. :shrug:

If looking for value for money, you can't go wrong and buying Meguiars Last Touch Detailer in a bulk package and using the correct dilution rate should last you a long time, plus it smells nice

I haven't read the instructions yet - you have to dilute this then?

I could do with a couple of shampoos for the clenaing kit to be honest. One for a ground up job so it strips wax, and a wax friendly one too. Born to be mild is one Id consider if there is any feedback from people. :shrug:

Most car shampoo if mixed a little strong will strip wax. To a certain extent all shampoo, even wax friendly, will strip a little, its just usually weak enough that it doesnt take much with it. Any of your older cheaper shampoos mixed a little strong will do the job nicely ;)

If looking for value for money, you can't go wrong and buying Meguiars Last Touch Detailer in a bulk package and using the correct dilution rate should last you a long time, plus it smells nice

I have the actual Megs spray bottle and the dilution rate is marked on the label, i.e. There is a mark where to fill with water and then top the rest up with product.

Last Touch is diluted 1:1 or can be used undiluted also.

Have always diluted myself and it's always done the job.

I have the actual Megs spray bottle and the dilution rate is marked on the label, i.e. There is a mark where to fill with water and then top the rest up with product.

Cheers - I'll get one of those spray bottle things then, nothing like making life easy as they say.

Cheers - I'll get one of those spray bottle things then, nothing like making life easy as they say.

Here's where I got mine from

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/E ... ads_1.html

Any of your older cheaper shampoos mixed a little strong will do the job nicely ;)

That would be dependent on me having anything other than NXT's wash and wax :blush::lol:

That will do just fine, dont have to go overboard, just a use a little more than they recommend :thumbs:

I found that I need a lot less of the radid detailed than the RM. I also found it gave a much "wetter" look on my dark paintwork than RM did. Don't get me wrong RM

is a good product but I can't say it is worth nearly 3x as much as the Autoglym product.