Lost hydraulics for Clutch in fast Lane!!

Kingman

Hi all,

Just thought I would see if anyone else has had this rather scary issue happen to them.

Driving in outside lane of A14 yesterday, changing up from 5th to 6th when I lost the clutch, peddle just stayed depressed and lost all usefullness.

Car slipped in to neutral and fortunately I was able to coast to a safe place beside the road, but rather scary, especially at rush hour.

Ended up being recovered by RAC and trucked to local Nissan dealer. I was then presented with a Kia Rio (oh joy!) to continue my journey. Not complaining as all covered under my extended warranty after buying my 07 313 Roadster last December from a main dealer, so top marks for service.

Anyway, dealer phoned ,me last night to ask permission to remove gearbox!!! seems they cant get to clutch hydraulics without doing so, rather strange I thought.

Now I need to understand if the repairs are all covered under the warranty and the warranty company dont try and play the "wear and tear" card.

Cheers

kingman

Your model has the concentric slave set up so they are quite right in saying that the box has to be removed.

There is a NSTB on this fault so best to remind your dealer of that.

Common issue on both the early and later models.

Alex. :)

Your model has the concentric slave set up so they are quite right in saying that the box has to be removed.

There is a NSTB on this fault so best to remind your dealer of that.

Common issue on both the early and later models.

Alex. :)

Not had this but a great response as always Alex! :thumbs:

Thanks Alex,

Makes me feel a little better to know its a common issue, I was beginning to think I might have purchased a dodgy motor. I do feel build quality in general leaves a little to be desired.

Excuse my ignorance but what is an NTSB?

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Alex,

Makes me feel a little better to know its a common issue, I was beginning to think I might have purchased a dodgy motor. I do feel build quality in general leaves a little to be desired.

Cheers

Andy

Nissan Technical Service Bulletin.

Mine did it yesterday, although still had enough movement in it to work, probably slipped the clutch to death though. As above, whats the NSTB? Is it worth removing the master cylinder and giving it a once over?

Thanks Alex,

Cheers

Andy

Nissan Technical Service Bulletin.

Does that apply for cars out of warranty?