JDM Nismo bumper fitment / OEM bumper removal: pics

Removed

the instructions on the UK service manual don't really explain this very well, but in the OEM bumper there's a bracket that is attached to the bumper that is not there on the Nismo one (pic below)

Also, the fitment of the Nismo bumper is not that great either :dry:

It will fit eventually, but firstly I had to take off the black polystyrene off the impact bar, secondly the sides which are attached to the body by 2 screws on the OEM bumper (and the above extra bracket) will need some nuts and bolts through them instead of the plastic "casing" and the screw present on the OEM. Didn't manage to fit both sides due to rain, but it looks a bit tighter than expected tbh

took me a while to figure out the extra bracket I mentioned above, as it's not clear in the manual, but it gets clearer when the bumper doesn't come off :lol:

Also it kept raining and stopping, on and off between yesterday and today, but all in all (and I haven't jacked up the car, and kept the wheels on) it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours to take it off.