How to get rid of those Bridgestones. . . .

ianphampton

Found a fun way to get rid of the old Bridgestones. . . . went to a Drift What Ya Brung day at Santa Pod and asked to be taught how to Donut. Pretty good day, satisfactorily removed the 'stones - now put the Goodyear F1 Eagles on and enjoyed the experience, too.

http://Link to YouTube:

[attachment=1]2011-05-02 JP & Z smoking tyre donut2.jpg[/attachment]

Clutch & Diff Life should be OK - the Z has enough torque to break the traction just with the engine. (Get her moving a bit,then just give her a healthy amount of throttle and - away she goes)

There was an MX5 there though who you could see only just had enough grunt to spin the wheels, and he had to drop the clutch to shock the wheels into spinning.

No such troubles with a Z!

No, didn't get that far, I was strictly a novice and the main object of the day was to play as long as my (almost) illegal Bridgestones lasted - and then swap them for new road tyres. Having done donuts and simple circuits for about 45 minutes the tyres were done (and I didn't want to burst them and tear up my wheel arches or paintwork) so that was it

No, didn't get that far, I was strictly a novice and the main object of the day was to play as long as my (almost) illegal Bridgestones lasted - and then swap them for new road tyres. Having done donuts and simple circuits for about 45 minutes the tyres were done (and I didn't want to burst them and tear up my wheel arches or paintwork) so that was it

So when are you going to go back then? Need more Z33's drifting, 200's and Skylines get a bit boring after a while :D

I reckon my drifting urge has been satisfied, at least until my current tyres need changing. . .

Next target is a track day in preparation for the real next ambition which will be Nurburgring

- and I sincerely hope not to do too much drifting on The Ring! :wacko: :

Any input on the journey driving to / from and also round Nurburgring would be much appreciated :drive1 :