BridgeStone Protenza Re40 MAX PRESSURE

neo-ninja

Hi Guys,

So off to carlimits tomorrow, dead nervous (never done anything like this before in a car thats actually mine!)

But i did read that i need to over inflate the tires to the max pressure they can take, and when i asked peeps on here said i would be able to see it on the tire...

But there in lies a problem unless im being a spaz i dont see anything that says Max pressure is XX i do see a do not inflate past 40psi.

They are the standard recommended bridgestones!

Any help would be great! thanks!

See, I'd be interested in ekona/gt4 zed/some of the other track people on this.

I thought when you take the car to a track it's better to underinflate the tyres as they'll gain a lot of heat and therefore psi when running round the track and I believe that's the reason why I had big chunks coming off the PS2's.

I think you over inflate them to stop the wheel literally folding over the tread if the tyre and causing them to come off the rims. That happened to me on my road bike a few weeks back :headhurt:.

I'd also have thought under inflated tyres would cause more heat, as more thread is in contact with the road at any one time.

I think you over inflate them to stop the wheel literally folding over the tread if the tyre and causing them to come off the rims. That happened to me on my road bike a few weeks back :headhurt:.

I'd also have thought under inflated tyres would cause more heat, as more thread is in contact with the road at any one time.

Thought it was the opposite, because higher inflated tyres have less contact, those bits get hotter and start to melt? Either way, there was the distinct smell of melted rubber and big chunks coming off the tyres when I made the mistake of running them at the same pressure as normal, or on a track, about 6-7psi higher (according to a tyre inflator).

by all accounts you over inflate them to protect the tires from getting un even ware as you are doing high speed corners etc.. (They recommend it for heavy cars)

edit - Just thought i should quickly ad by "they recommend it" i meant Carlimits.

Don't wanna be blamed for a crash, but if u run them at max psi they will rise about another 6-7 psi on the track and shred very quickly and you won't have any grip, max pressure is 44 psi 98% sure, 100% sure it Is on avons, if I have one piece of advice dnt run at max pressure if you want to drive home on them at the end of the day. :thumbs:

More pressure = more heat .....simples :thumbs: