showing my ignorance... (the controls on the wheel

bigmike20vt

Hi

I have had my GT spec 2005 Zed for 10 months now and have just picked up a new phones. (HTC desire S)

- actually it should arrive Thursday

So does this hook up to the controls on the steering wheel? if so i guess it must have a blue tooth adapter in the car somewhere.

does this mean it has hands free etc and will pick up my voice automatically, and play speach over the bose stereo system?

if so how do i set up?

if you have a bluetooth adaptor, it would be in the cubby box behind the steering wheel,

More likely in the cubby between the seats, under your elbow. But that's probably what you meant to say ;) .

The cradle should be wired in through the bottom of the cubby, whether you have the adapter or not. If you havn't come accross that in ten months maybe it's not there or been removed for some reason.

if you have a bluetooth adaptor, it would be in the cubby box behind the steering wheel,

More likely in the cubby between the seats, under your elbow. But that's probably what you meant to say ;) .

The cradle should be wired in through the bottom of the cubby, whether you have the adapter or not. If you havn't come accross that in ten months maybe it's not there or been removed for some reason.

sure is what i meant.. been a long day :p thanks, looking 4 a cubby behind the steering wheel would have been a mission :bangin:

Yep if you have bluetooth adapter it will pick up the phone signal (look in car manual as you may have to initialise it first), display 'PHONE' on the Atari-esqu head unit display and you can then hear the voice through the speakers. There is a built-in microphone up by the rear view mirror on the roof lining in mine which is a 2007 GT.

Make sure your phone B.Tooth is on first though :thumbs:

I think it was standard. It's just that anyone selling a car doesn't seem to be able to resist taking it out and sticking it on ebay for an extra £60, with no apparent effect on the selling price of the car. It's like years ago when you had to make sure they hadn't half inched the tool kit and spare. :dry: