Clutch may be going :( unsure..

brown7758

Hey every1,

as im not the best with diagnosis im still unsure, but i think my clutch may be on its way...

ive tried a few simple tests and its made me more unsure..

i tried pulling away in first 4 gears and there wasn't an issue,

i then tried putting it in 6th whilst going 40 and checking the revs/ pull..

with this, the first few times she was fine, just built up from low revs..

but on the way home i tried again and the revs flicked up really high with no pull.. ( there was a burning clutch small at this point..)

i have noticed in the recently with this though that when ive been on the motorway ect and miss some gears and go straight to 6th, there's sometimes been a gear grind... (gear selector problem?)

She's a 2004 plate with 54,000 miles on and out of the 24,000 since getting her, around 18,000 have been on the motorway on long journeys...

any help, comments, ideas would be greatly appreciated as this may get expensive..

Thanks, Will

I had a "clutch" problem a few weeks ago similar symptoms but I noticed it under hard acceleration 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th.

I could pull off in first 4 gears no worries.

After lots of help and advice on here (thanks Alex :thumbs: ) and taking it into 2 garages - who couldn't actually get the clutch to slip!

I went for the clutch slave cylinder - Havent had a moments problem with it since.

:pmzmanalex: he sorted my parts (and pretty much diagnosed the problem!)

Well, took her out for some more testing and heres what i think ive found... :headhurt:

its not just 6th that when you plant the accelerator that is throwing the revs up with no movement, seems 4th and 5th are doing the same, but are catching again at higher revs and dropping back down :wacko:

Im in Glasgow just now, so if anyone in the areas had similar problems, would they be willing to have a go??

was supposed to be going back down to Chorley tomorrow but i think thats going 2 be a no-no?

best dog out my AA policy number...

:pmzmanalex: has been sent aswell ;)

Thanks again, Will

well,

after a very slow and twitchy drive from West to East to see ZMANALEX

i now know for sure im in need of a new Clutch and by the sounds of it Flywheel, and with the best advice i could wish for and a rather enjoyable chit chat and excellent service from Alex i will be the proud owner of said parts and 2morrow i will be on the hunt for a fitting centre :thumbs:advice on this in the Glasgow area would be appreciated B)

but now im going to have to put off other mods that ive been planning for months :thumbdown:

thanks 4 the input and to Alex..

Will