HR engine - clutch/gearbox 'whine' is it normal ?

andyvvc

I put the bungs in the Nvidia last week, so now i can actually hear myself think :lol: I have noticed that on acceleration (doesnt matter how fast) there is a slight, quiet whine noise coming from somewhere, which increases in tone as speed increases. If i depress the clutch, it dissapears almost totally.

The car runs twin Stillen intakes which was what i thought the noise was. TBH it could still be these because any noise they make will only occur under acceleration....and depressing the clutch stops that. The noise (inside the car) sounds like a very very very quite supercharger if that helps identify it?

Does the HR engine tend to have a little more 'whine' noise than the older DE models? Its not a loud whine, and is only audible inside the car if you listen for it (if that makes sense)?

Car is due for a P1 service so i might get the gearbox and diff oil changed anyway, cant hurt i guess.

Any traders sell the gearbox/diff oil? Part numbers, cost and quantity for the HR model?

Ta!

MODS - move this thread to the Technical section if that's where it should live. Just realised ive stuck it in the General section, doh!

The stillen's are awesome! And mine are the older Gen1 which are basically a urethene airbox per bank, and a short adapter plater that connects to the OEM intake hoses and allows the MAFs to be connected. They use the standard intake holes that the OEM airboxes use, no cold air feed pipes etc. Genuine K&N cones with the front of the cone also allowing air through it. Provided your exhaust isnt silly, you should be able to hear the mild roar from them B)