Opie oils

cmck13

I have been looking at this oil from Opie Oils the blurb says that it is specific for the 350z has any one used this oil, just wondered about viscosity starting at 0 (zero). Soon taking mine in for a P3 service.

Motul 8100 X-Max 0W-40 High power Gasoline and Diesel engine oil

Comments welcomed cheers guys.

Dunno about Motul but I just did an order with Opie - use the code "25PB" to get 25% off your order total.

BTW I ordered the 5w30 Fuchs XTR synthetic for my Z as part of their "service pack" which includes a filter and 6l of oil.

Nissan recommend 5W30 Motor Oil. Keep to a good quality branded oil and most importantly make sure it has the correct ACEA grade (2 for our 350z's). You pay for what you get will oil so do not skimp. Love K and N's oil filter as it has a nut on the end of it for easy filter removal. :thumbs:

Contact Opie (Oilman on the forums) and ask their advice. I know Oilman covers a lot of forums so may not pick up on this here, best to ask directly.

Even though the blurb mentions Nissan, every oil in the product finder for the 350Z is 5w30, even the Motul 8100. The 'upgrade' oils don't even include the Motul.

So Opie recommend 5w30, Abbey recommend 5w30, and Nissan specify 5w30. The only conflicting opinion seems to be on the back of a bottle of Motul 0w40. If you want to buy that, then best to call them and ask, although there seem to be plenty of alternatives with the correct grade around that price mark.