New Unit - No sound

nBradders

Hi all,

I've tried to fit a Kenwood DNX7240BT today and I've followed all the guides that are posted on here, I purchased the neccesary items i.e 29-674, 29-005 and whilst I've got power :) I have no sound :angry:

I have the Birdview factory fitted sat nav and therefore the wiring is a bit chaotic back there but all the examples I have used from here are zeds without satnav so I'm wondering if I should be doing something differently? Do I need an extra part? Do I have to split wires?

Help!!!!

Have u plugged the phono cables into the back of the HU.

I did the same. The left side has a pair and theright have a pair.

The 29-674-C connector that I got from sextons has 2 cables, one with red & white plugs & the other with black & gold plugs. The HU has a lead with 2 plugs for front, 2 for rear & 2 for sub (all red & white) I've tried various combinations & no joy.

Have you connected the amp feed cable? Blue & white cable iirc.

Maybe I should point out that I am not good with these things and maybe an all singing all dancing unit was a bit too much of a challenge for me to take on!!

I've connected the blocks as per the guides. Checked again this morning and I can see a blue & white cable is part of the block so unless you are referring to a seperate cable then I would say yes it appears connected to me.

Think I need to take it to someone who actually understands the wiring but the only audio place I'm aware of in Birmingham is Car Audio Direct who 1) got completely wrong what I needed and 2) provided me with the worst customer service I've ever experienced!

Is anyone on here local or between Brum & Stoke on Trent and fancies helping me for several beers????