anothear gearbox problem

northernmunkeh

I've had the 6th gear crunching fixed however the dealer couldnt fix/couldnt fault my 350z on the following problem

when car is accelerating the gearbox sounds like its on its last legs, ratlting and vibrating when it reaches about 4500 rpm and it continues on any above revs.

I can adjust the rattle by moving the gear lever forward slightly

can anyone help as this is driving me insane :rant:

any ideas?

the rattle completely spoils any acceleration through the gears right up to the red line :thumbdown:

I'd ask to take their demo / forecourt car out with their service manager and see if it does it. Then take yours out and the difference should be plain to see based on what you say. Then kindly remind them they now need to fix it...... :)

it was doing it prior to them removing the gearbox, but yes your right they still should fix it

i've had my z for 4 weeks now, so far its spent 1 week with them.

apparently this used car i bought was nissan approved... lol like that has counted for anything :angry:

i'm getting close to just getting rid of the blastid thing, its causing me too much stress :surrender:

As H5 said, go to the dealer and try their demo to make sure its just your car, then demand they fix it, make a scene, kick off, make them do what they are paid to do and make them give you their demo until its fixed instead of the lousy micra they will try and palm off on you. Write a letter to the MD of Nissan GB telling him about it, that will get it sorted, never fails

Don't be rash dear boy!! :D

Go in and put your point across that the demo / stock / friend's / other car doesn't do it and the repair work to date hasn't fixed it. Find their Zed technician and ask him face to face (they are allowed out of the workshop so don't take that from them) if it should do it. If you have him on side, the service manager has little else to do except put the claim in to Nissan.

Guest prescience

There is a Shift Control section in the Service Manual (file MT.pdf) which I believe describes what teddy is saying; I can send you that on e-mail if its any help and enables you to be better informed when you go to the dealers (its about 600k)

• 2 months later...