A proper Pulley install guide

Dblock

So with at least 10 of us getting pulleys in the next week or 2 could someone make a better guide thats already on the internet?

Also could anyone help me, mine is an automatic and I dont know how to lock the crank :doh:

If anyone could help with pictures or is willing to do it for me :) then that would be great

On both 6 speed manual and Automatic versions, you would be well advised to remove the starter motor or the blanking plate and lock the crank by jamming the starter ring gear on the flywheel from turning.

Alex. :)

On both 6 speed manual and Automatic versions, you would be well advised to remove the starter motor or the blanking plate and lock the crank by jamming the starter ring gear on the flywheel from turning.

Hmm. That's sound quite hard. Do you offer a fitting service Alex? :lol:

Hmm. That's sound quite hard. Do you offer a fitting service Alex? :lol:

I was going to say this seems to be bit of a ballache now? I had the entire body kit off the car at the weekend so I'm rather glad not to look at nuts, bolts, screws oh and those pesky "popstud" things!! :rant:

• 6 months later...

Thread revival!

I know a few people have fit these now, any tips or tricks. A guide or anything?

How did you guys get the other pulleys on? Ive got a nice snap on impact wrench which has got about 700ft of torque :surrender:

Any one got a decent write up or pictured guide? Mine is an auto but could learn from anyone else's guide :thumbs:

Im guessing for the crank pulley its

bumper off

radiator off

jam the ring so it cant turn ( need to research which blanking plate)

crack off crank pulley

lube up the sleeve

fit pulley and tighten

do the belts?

Any help ow much appciated :thumbs: