Suspension fitting Cheshire/North West?

ric

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Cheers for the info. Didn't notice any replies in here!!

just seen this, Im looking at getting mine done this week and have been calling around places.

Still waiting on Paul at TDi and ABP have said they can fit me in but it will be 5 hours work at £275?!!

5 Hours?! :bangin:

Thats what I was afraid of really, people over quoting on this! Having read through google, it doesnt seem like a huge job swapping out the springs?!

Let me know what you get back from TDi mate :thumbs:

Cheers,

they could fit it but I dont think they have laser alignment. Just give dave a call on the service desk and ask him

Okey dokey, will do. I don't think TDI North have a proper alignment setup either, at least not last I heard. The only place I know of in the North West that are spot on with alignment is Nigel Lang's Garage in Bolton ( http://www.nigellangsgarage.co.uk/wheel_alignment.htm ). They're the only place in our neck of the woods that Tony at Wheels In Motion recommends anyway.

they could fit it but I dont think they have laser alignment. Just give dave a call on the service desk and ask him

Okey dokey, will do. I don't think TDI North have a proper alignment setup either, at least not last I heard. The only place I know of in the North West that are spot on with alignment is Nigel Lang's Garage in Bolton ( http://www.nigellangsgarage.co.uk/wheel_alignment.htm ). They're the only place in our neck of the woods that Tony at Wheels In Motion recommends anyway.

I used Dury Lane Diagnostics and Geomtry centre. they use a hunter system, one of the best, more info here

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=31431&hilit=hunter+oldham

Tried to get L&G to fit my KW V2s along with the other service work they're doing but they declined the job. I don't think they're too interested in fitting aftermarket stuff by the sounds of it.

So not sure who to go with now. Wasn't impressed with TDI North's work so I shan't be going back there. Thinking maybe ABP are the guys to go with as I used them many years ago and found them to be ok. Or maybe I should just have a crack myself? Based on what I've read swapping suspension on the Z isn't that difficult really.

Tried to get L&G to fit my KW V2s along with the other service work they're doing but they declined the job. I don't think they're too interested in fitting aftermarket stuff by the sounds of it.

So not sure who to go with now. Wasn't impressed with TDI North's work so I shan't be going back there. Thinking maybe ABP are the guys to go with as I used them many years ago and found them to be ok. Or maybe I should just have a crack myself? Based on what I've read swapping suspension on the Z isn't that difficult really.

I think it depends on what it is. They've had trouble with aftermarket stuff not fitted by them but with them trying to sort out after and sometimes this can be more trouble than its worth. At least they were honest. Probably this job was out of their comfort zone.

I think it depends on what it is. They've had trouble with aftermarket stuff not fitted by them but with them trying to sort out after and sometimes this can be more trouble than its worth. At least they were honest. Probably this job was out of their comfort zone.

Yeah, I don't mind, they're still getting the rest of the work anyway. I'd rather them be honest than have a go and bugger it up! ;)

Speaking of buggering things up, I've decided to have a go at fitting the suspension myself over the long weekend! :scare: Anyone know of any good guides with torque specs, etc?

• 1 month later...