Pic Request - Nismo B pillar on a kuro Z

jollyranchers

• 4 weeks later...
why do you need measurements? they just fit perfectly :wacko:

LOL! I should have explained why before I asked :blush:

I'm purchasing some Di-noc 3M carbon fibre vinyl to wrap my B-pillars. Thought I would ask in this thread seeing as it's one of the most relevent threads to post in, rather than starting a whole new thread.

Many Thanks,

Hassan

B pillars are about 250mm tal by 100 mm wide, but it depends on how you want to wrap them to how much you'll need, i.e. if you were to place them on the material side by side the pattern wouldn't be handed. for e.g. where the pattern starts from i.e. the diagonal goes up from the bottom front section. on both, un handed mean it goes up from that point on one but the lines run in the opposite direction on the other.

I'm purchasing some Di-noc 3M carbon fibre vinyl to wrap my B-pillars. Thought I would ask in this thread seeing as it's one of the most relevent threads to post in, rather than starting a whole new thread.

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Have a look at this link, scroll down and see mine. not worth the effort doing it yourself get rtbiscuit to do it. first class service.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47272&hilit=b+pillar&start=15

B pillars are about 250mm tal by 100 mm wide, but it depends on how you want to wrap them to how much you'll need, i.e. if you were to place them on the material side by side the pattern wouldn't be handed. for e.g. where the pattern starts from i.e. the diagonal goes up from the bottom front section. on both, un handed mean it goes up from that point on one but the lines run in the opposite direction on the other.

I really appreciate your help :thumbs:

Does that mean I'd need either 25cm by 10cm in total for both pillars or 2 x 25 by 10?

With regards to the weave line direction, I would probably want them both to be going the same direction on either side to make it look more standard.

I may even consider getting you to do them for me :cloud9: your work looks brilliant!!

Will the B-pillar you provide be in mint condition and a genuine part? In the future I may end up removing the vinyl so I would need them to be in mint condition.

Do you sell the vinyl on its own (enough for both B-pillars)?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Hassan

Many Thanks,

Hassan

Have a look at this link, scroll down and see mine. not worth the effort doing it yourself get rtbiscuit to do it. first class service.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=47272&hilit=b+pillar&start=15

Thanks for the advice mate! I've had a look, his work does look fantastic!

I will definitely consider getting it done.

I've had a lot of experience at work applying vinyl to our courtesy cars so I thought I'd give it a shot myself and save myself some money...but I don't want to ruin it either!!

Does that mean I'd need either 25cm by 10cm in total for both pillars or 2 x 25 by 10? you'll need more than the actual size of the b pillar, so a minimum of 300x150 mm for each B pillar

With regards to the weave line direction, I would probably want them both to be going the same direction on either side to make it look more standard. To do this you'd have to use the second piece at 90 degrees to the first, so you need a kind of L shape of vinyl if that makes sense. you'd get a square but have a small section of waste.

I may even consider getting you to do them for me :cloud9: your work looks brilliant!! thankyou, b pillar's aren't too bad as they are flat, its what you do with the vinyl behind; edges are fine, but it takes a bit of careful folding/layering to do the edges.

Will the B-pillar you provide be in mint condition and a genuine part? In the future I may end up removing the vinyl so I would need them to be in mint condition. the b pillars i use are what the previous person has sent me, they are all original OEM parts, but alot of people send them because they have swirls or slight scratches in them. so i wouldn't say mint condition no. thats why i wrap them for people.

Do you sell the vinyl on its own (enough for both B-pillars)? i can do