Knocking

Ruddles

Hi I have the same and I have to say its only appeared since fitting BC coilovers, they were brand new and it's definatly not drop links on mine as I disconnected them and it was still there. Still not got to the bottom of it yet. I think I'm going to put the original rear shocks back on and see what happens :thumbdown:

chippy check:

-the top 2 nuts on the rear mounts are tight

-the spring is well seated in the spring carrier arm and locating into the top 3 tabs on the chassis(I had this issue after installing my HKS RS coilies :blush: )

- finally reset the coilovers by setting it to full hard on both bump and rebound and drive for a full miles and then set it to you prefered level of bump and rebound.

- also check clearances and intrusions from other parts or body work etc

Droplinks tend to creak but if there is too much play may knock from abnormal ARB movement

One of these should pick up the issue :thumbs:

chippy check:

-the top 2 nuts on the rear mounts are tight

-the spring is well seated in the spring carrier arm and locating into the top 3 tabs on the chassis(I had this issue after installing my HKS RS coilies :blush: )

- finally reset the coilovers by setting it to full hard on both bump and rebound and drive for a full miles and then set it to you prefered level of bump and rebound.

- also check clearances and intrusions from other parts or body work etc

Droplinks tend to creak but if there is too much play may knock from abnormal ARB movement

One of these should pick up the issue :thumbs:

:notworthy:

Awesome dude, I will do the checks this weekend!

Right i've been having a little lookie under the Zed tonight and discovered the spring wasnt seated properly in these 3 tabs mentioned above so i thought :yahoo: ive found the knocking, I seated it back properly and put the car back together :clap:. Time for the test drive :drive1, I get to the end of the road and turn onto a road where it always knocks and guess what? yep its still knocking :thumbdown::bang: so i pull over and set the rear suspension to the hardest setting as mentioned above, and go for about a 5 mile drive :drive1 . Then about a mile from home i pull back over and wind them back to the middle setting and guess what? it appears to have disappeared :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::#1::drunk: Lets just see if it is gone for good!

How did doing that make it disappear though thats what i want to know?

Anyway thanks for the help guys :thumbs: Cheers Tom