Another 'found one' thread - and warranty question

TimFF

Well, after a relatively short search for a Midnight Blue GT coupe, Autotrader turned up a winner.

It's an early 09 car with black leather and just 17500 miles on the clock. No obvious gearbox issues and it's amazingly clean and tidy. It probably won't stay that way too long! 2 previous owners so I'm the 3rd now, but this is a keeper unless Lotto or Ernie slings us a bit of good news.

Yes, I realise this thread is worthless without pics, but I don't pick it up until Friday so if you're on the A331, A31, A3 and A25 on Friday morning and are dazzled by a pair of teeth grinning inanely, that's me.

Now the question (I get there eventually, bear with me...) - it's still under the last year of the Nissan warranty but my experince of my local Nissan dealer hasn't been wonderful on the basis of the single visit there. We were completely and totally ignored by the salesman despite attempting to view a car that was probably the most expensive 2nd hand car on the forecourt. I appreciate sales isn't service but if that's prevalent throughout the company then that doesn't bode well.

Anyway, am I right in thinking that having a car serviced by a non-Nissan workshop, but using Nissan parts and on the time or miles according to the Nissan schedule of servicing, does not invalidate the Nissan warranty?

cheers

Tim

I just asked my nissan garage the exact same question and they said as long as it was serviced by a garage which used genuine Nissan parts then that would not invalidate the warrenty.

As the guy above says... whether or not they honor that, especially in the case of a big warrenty payout you`d have to wait and see.