Cookbot's next crazy electronic project....

Cookbot

I'm looking into making a little thing that allows you controll your iPod from the wheel controlls. It would only work on newer iPods and iPhones as it needs to be compatible with the earphones that have that little clicker on them. I'll use the button that has a small phone on it, so when you answer it pauses your music, then when you end the call with the same button it plays it. Skipping to next and previous track is done by the amount of clicks you do. 2 presses go forward, 3 back, 1 and then hold fast forward current track and 2 and hold rewind.

Is there any interest in such a system although you'd need to have either the Bose hack (I can do these if you're worried about cocking it up) or an aftermarket head unit with external in. One of those crappy tapes might work too.

Cookie

I'd be interetsed in that! surely it would have to be linked to the aux cable to/from said ipod/iphone and the headunit? might be able to find a link to something one of the lads did with his for snowboarding/skiing. shall try to find the link.

Edit, now i know this is a little different but if you change the glove for the steering wheel should be pretty much the same?

http://www.snowboardclub.co.uk/PNphpBB2 ... 44187.html

*Edit 2*

Infact, could you not just get one of them and replace the remove cable with the cable that goes to the steering control button?

If you can make them cheaper though, it'd be a good money make imo.

Yep, like that guy does in that vid, but I'll

Be using the little phone button as it makes no sound usually and only answers the phone.

The wiring used in headphones is mega flimsy though so would prefere some beefyer wire.

I'm going to make one for my car anyway and see what happens.