Warrenty claim

rob d

As you may recall, or not, I bought my 06 ragtop from the Exeter main dealer JFE.

I took it in a couple of days ago for it's 6 month warranty inspection. The report came back with the release bearing being noisy and would need inspection at least. After a brief discussion, the work was agreed to be covered by the warranty. Dependant on inspection.....

I get a call the next day to let me know that the bearing was indeed buggered. BUT the clutch was showng a high heat damage. I proposed that this was tied to the event where the pedal failed to return to top of travel on the two occasions it know it to have happened. They disagreed. The cost of a new clutch? £350 !!!! They would cover labour.... :scare:

Then I get a call saying that the plate is showing 'odd' witness marks that cannot be explained as any kind of wear. Therefore ALL COSTS ARE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY !!!!!!!!

Happy days.

They did what they sais, look good and hard. I didnt even tell them before thier inspection about the pedal issue. And they are honouring the warranty!

Top chaps looking after me they way they promised. Not often that happens is it ! :#1:

ALTHOUGH........

As a courtesy car they gave me a bloody Nissan NOTE !!!!!! B*st*rds.....

I can pick my car up Monday :drive1

got it back and WOW ! a nice tight box. so much better than before. Thanks to the guys at JFE.

Must say I thought it was going to be the same old nonsense when it all started but they came good and were true to the salesmans promise.

Made me happy to continue using them in the future now :#1: