auto headlights £14

Simon+Kat

yeah i know...but i think we all have driven away at night in a well lit area and forgot the lights....well i say that, maybe it's just me :lol: .

And i always thought it was cool when driving my Dads Beemer when they just pop on. Same with auto wipers too.

Im a gadget monkey im afraid.

Shouldn't be that hard mate,

looks like its a dusk/dawn sensor which needs fixing where the light can get to it probably in the corner of the dash facing the screen then a relay/control box to get wired in parallel to the lighting switch. Hardest part is probably going to be taking the dash to pieces to fit it, and concealing the wires to make it look neat.

Don't really know how you can break the lights unless you short or earth something you shouldn't .

However I have read that certain dog lovers can take out a power module by changing an interior bulb. :p

Might get one myself :thumbs:

Although on reflection, I have an auto window wind up on door lock kit somewhere, a digital taco kit and some other kit of electronic bits which I cant remember what it does . Oh and since yesterday a mirror foldy thing on its way for £30 :scare:

Maybe I wont get one until the other bits are fitted :lol:

Shouldn't be that hard mate,

looks like its a dusk/dawn sensor which needs fixing where the light can get to it probably in the corner of the dash facing the screen then a relay/control box to get wired in parallel to the lighting switch. Hardest part is probably going to be taking the dash to pieces to fit it, and concealing the wires to make it look neat.

Don't really know how you can break the lights unless you short or earth something you shouldn't .

However I have read that certain dog lovers can take out a power module by changing an interior bulb. :p

Might get one myself :thumbs:

Although on reflection, I have an auto window wind up on door lock kit somewhere, a digital taco kit and some other kit of electronic bits which I cant remember what it does . Oh and since yesterday a mirror foldy thing on its way for £30 :scare:

Maybe I wont get one until the other bits are fitted :lol:

Thanks for that mate, don't sound too hard then. I just got the auto mirror fold too, just waiting for Cookie to do the rest of the instructions cos they stop before the end at the moment. Really want to get started though cos i need to reset the window as it drops everytime i get out! and i may as well do both jobs at once.

You might eat your words one day, its easily done and not always noticable straight away. Things start to die over time culminating in most interior functions malfunctioning :lol:

You might eat your words one day, its easily done and not always noticable straight away. Things start to die over time culminating in most interior functions malfunctioning :lol:

Dude, was just a tongue in cheek bantering thingy.

Expected the Husky to bark not you to bite ;)

I will always be likely to have to eat both my words and my hat not necessarily in that order. :scare:

The man who never makes a mistake never does anything.

I make plenty and normally have a laugh with those laughing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hope my bits don't start dying off slowly as I did actually fit interior LED's last week !!