Hey all, hoping to be a new owner :)

Welcome.

I am a previous VX220 Turbo owner. I must be honest and say you will miss your VX. It always felt special driving my VX... the awkward access and wide sills just add character IMO. A genuine driving pleasure and as you suggest: rare (and a possible classic in the making?) I miss the handling... basically a go-kart on steroids! And the VX got so many admiring/what is that? glances.

That said: you will love a 350Z. It is clearly a different proposition (which you clearly expect); most importantly (for me) it has strong performance, lots of driver feedback and it looks & sounds great! It does not have the 'immediacy' of the VX Turbo (never driven a na VX)... given the difference in mass this is to be expected... the 350Z is still a strong accelerator (but I thought the VXT was extremely rapid)... once the 350Z is breathing though (past 3000 rpm) it would soon catch the VX I think...

Both great cars. You'll love the 350Z but miss the VX (like I do...)... that's great driver cars for you I guess!?

One good thing with the hunt for a 350Z compared to a VX will be the relative luxury you can afford yourself looking for a good one - the 350Z clearly not as rare or seasonal as a VX. Don't rush and get a good one.

Best of luck.

I must say that I would hate to be on a vx owners club. I sometimes dread logging on here when the roads are bad but it seems that everyone I know who owns a vx has very scary stories indeed. Sounds like a very fun but testing car.

Two types of VX/Elise owner. Those who have spun. And those who have spun and hit something.

Regrettably I fall into the latter category (a lampost).

Great grip... but when they let go... they really let go! I suppose that's a result of the mid-engined layout... and people (like me) surpassing their own driving skill!! :drive1

I must say that I would hate to be on a vx owners club. I sometimes dread logging on here when the roads are bad but it seems that everyone I know who owns a vx has very scary stories indeed. Sounds like a very fun but testing car.

Two types of VX/Elise owner. Those who have spun. And those who have spun and hit something.

Regrettably I fall into the latter category (a lampost).

Great grip... but when they let go... they really let go! I suppose that's a result of the mid-engined layout... and people (like me) surpassing their own driving skill!! :drive1

The Boxster was the same, it was always a bit scary in the wet. Only the extra weight saved it I think from just being proper mental in the wet.