help fitting Pioneer F900BT into center console

paulos350z

hello people

im in the process of fitting the pioneer F900bt into my zed.

Followed the wiring guide all plugs in and works fine.

My issue is with what exactly cage wise needs to be around the head unit for it to align properly once the centre console is on?

I have the pre-06 double din facia

Do I leave the cage etc on the head unit or attach the brackets that come on the bose?

IMG_2629.jpg

I have the pioneer remote adaptor for the steering wheel, but all it does is lower the volume with any direction of the switch??

I also hear more interference when I attach the extra ground wires ive added to the loom. without it works fine.

sorry for the lack of pics, will get some up tomorrow when its light.

any help would be great! thank you.

Don't know if I am the Dave that Ian means but mines been fitted for well over a year. Basically you use the existing cage that you take off the Bose. Some people attach the cage to the centre section of the dash but I screwed mine into the actual car if you know what I mean. I.E. I can remove the centre section of dash without touching the F900BT.

I have had all the dash and HU out today to fit a Pure Highway DAB if I had know I would have taken you some pics :shrug:

image018.jpg

Thats the Bose how it comes out, if you look at the bracket on the Bose you can take this off and screw it onto the sides of the F900BT and then mount it using the 4 screw holes that you can see in the pic... does that make sense?

It makes it far easier to fit everything in behind the unit if you do it this way, otherwise you would have to ram it all in and then hope for the best :surrender:

agreed, when I ordered my steering wheel control loom, I went direct to ICT and they told me that they released an updated one, while some places like Sextons Direct were still selling the old version.

New version should do this:

IMG_0251.jpg

If you haven't checked already, you could follow sobriens install thread for the F900BT

viewtopic.php?t=19787

As for the interference, I added ground loop isolators and put them behind the A/C controls along with the line level boosters

If you have the Bose setup, you might find that the volume is a bit reduced, thus needing line boosters (which will also boost the interference)

DSC02137.jpg

just taken some pics theyll be up in a min

ive checked the sextons order:

Product ID: 29-020

Product Name: ICT 29-020 - Sony/Pioneer 2009 head-unit lead

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: £15.00

1.jpg

Ive attached the head unit to the console but it doesnt sit right? My bose brackets only have 1 attachment point and so the pioneer sits back at the base

photo3.jpg

2.jpg

do I need any extra brackets or can i go ahead and fit it?

You will find that if you loosen the screws you can make the bracket move a little bit that makes it look much more flush... nothing you can do about the gap at the bottom though... I cut a piece of black plastic and stuck it on behind so at least it looked a little better....

SDC10173.jpg

You have the right ICT adapter...

As for the signal boosters, not sure what BM has but I had one for front and one for rear :thumbs:

Just looked at your pic again, if you just use 2 screws each side, one front and one back opposite each other then you will be able to adjust the bracket ;)

Up to you but I would recommend you don't attach the HU to the centre dash section like you have.... your call though :thumbs:

I got two boosters, one for the fronts and one for the rears, but some just get one for the fronts, as they seem more prominent sound wise, entirely up to you

I used the Bose brackets too and my unit sits like this

install007.jpg

Used the surround that came with the Pioneer to cover the gap at the bottom, did cut it tho (you'll see what I mean when you come round to that bit :) )

I got two boosters, one for the fronts and one for the rears, but some just get one for the fronts, as they seem more prominent sound wise, entirely up to you

I used the Bose brackets too and my unit sits like this

install007.jpg

Used the surround that came with the Pioneer to cover the gap at the bottom, did cut it tho (you'll see what I mean when you come round to that bit :) )

Agree with all of that 100% :thumbs: You must have copied me with cutting the Pioneer fascia even though I am sure I never mentioned it :p

Did you mount your Bose brackets onto the car BM or onto the dash panel like the OP?

Dash panel, since the Bose brackets go onto the dash panel itself.

Trim surround trick....great minds think alike, nuff said.

Oh and to the OP, you can safely put the GPS antenna under the triple gauges, it will still receive a very strong signal there, never had signal loss myself :)

hmmm i wouldnt say so.....

maybe they have sent the wrong one ill find out

Check the connection too I just remembered one time I put everything back together and the volume control didn't work at all :rant: The tiny little plastic connection is a bit crap... I put electrical tape around it to hold it together... It is a little cramped behind there huh :surrender:

Yeah, it will be the old one, ICT didn't change the part number, just updated the item itself.

thus why Sextons Direct still send out the old ones.

I binned the one I got from Sextons and ordered from ICT directly, couldn't be bothered to chase refund and send stuff back, lol

as a side note, is there much to be gain by upgrading the rear speakers? dont fancy ripping out the sub/amp.....yet.... :blush:

Most would say no, but I have upgraded mine and I like the difference :boxing:

I have -

2x Hertz 165 Composites in the front

2x Hertz 165 Coaxial in the back

1x JL Amp for them

Standard Bose Sub & Amp :thumbdown:

I had my dash out this afternoon to hard wire my Pure Highway so I took a few pics....

First 2 show what I mean about mounting the unit independently of the dash...

photo9pp.jpg

photo10mc.jpg

As you can see mine is held in with 2 bolts at the top and 2 bolts at the bottom, so I can take the dash off without moving the unit (this is handy)

Here are some pics of what I did with the fascia, sounds like BM did exactly the same (copycat :p )

photo11b.jpg

photo12.jpg

As you can see it fits nice and flush, well as flush as you can get on a slightly slanted dash :p

photo13hp.jpg

I keep meaning to take the fascia out and spray it gloss black B)

Hope that is some help to you :thumbs:

Here are some pics of what I did with the fascia, sounds like BM did exactly the same (copycat :p )

I just cut the top stray off leaving a U-shape Pioneer surround, so not exactly the same.

Mind you, I installed mine in March 2010, so I dunno who copied who :p

Mine went in before Christmas 2009 so I think we know the answer to that one :p

Great minds think alike and all that :D