Sat Nav Upgrade Question

Dove32

Hey all,

I have been reading through other peoples threads already on the forum to try to avoid making another one but I can seem to find the exact answer so i thought i would start a new one :)

I currently have the standard head unit that comes with the GT Bose pack on the 350z and with no Sat nav in the little compartment above.

I was looking to add SatNav to the car and wondered whats the best way to do it. Is it to buy a double din unit to replace the bose head unit or to put it in the cubby hole like they are in the cars that come already fitted with sat nav.

I would also like to ensure that all the steering controls work the new unit ofc.

If I add the sat nav unit in the little cubby hole, how would i go about doing this and what would i need to buy etc. And i guess is this possible to add etc?

If the sat nav cant be added to the cubby hole then i was looking at the - Kenwood DNX-5260BT unit, wanted to make sure this is compatible fully with the bose speakers and steering controls if anyone knows? Would i need any additional cables/equipment to make it work etc.

Any help would be greatly appriciated, never really upgraded any sound system in the car, so new to it all.

Thanks in advance!

As above you have a few option.

Keep the Bose and get a Nurrish satnav, not used one but they look very good.

Get an aftermarket HU with satnav all singing and dancing. This is what I have and lots of others on here too, everything works i.e. steering controls and as it has it's own Bluetooth no worries there either.

All depends what you want and how much you want to spend really, Nurrish nav I believe is £400ish and you could always replace the Bose separately too... A Pioneer like the one I have is around £700 and improves everything including sound quality, complete ipod control, parrot BT and still have a cubby for any other bits, I have had a speed controller and now maybe a dab radio...

Thanks very much for the replies, i have sent nurrish a pm and will see what we can do.

If i went for the upgraded headunit like pioneer for example, do i need to get anything on top of that like din adaptors or cables ? or does it slide right in and connect with all the cables that come with ?

Thanks

Thanks very much for the replies, i have sent nurrish a pm and will see what we can do.

If i went for the upgraded headunit like pioneer for example, do i need to get anything on top of that like din adaptors or cables ? or does it slide right in and connect with all the cables that come with ?

Thanks

yes you will need adapters for the loom and for the steering wheel etc...

Have a read here - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19787&hilit=f900bt

:snack: