ABS and BRAKE light is ALWAYS on

simon da silva

Hey Guys n Girls.

I tried to get my car MOT'ed in denmark this week.

i have just importet it from germany.. it runs perfekt.

But, at the MOT they said that my brake and abs light dident work.. fair enough..it really dident. I was told by some friend that they usually block the light with tape/paper. I removed speedo and yes i found some paper blooking the lights for the brake and abs.. only issue now is that they are on constantly :(

i belive the steering wheel have been replaced earlier since the horn isent working either.. u guys have any idea on what to look for?

both parking brake and ABS is 100% in working condition, testet at the MOT, so for me its just a electrical issue :(

give me some love :)

Hey Guys n Girls.

But, at the MOT they said that my brake and abs light dident work.. fair enough..it really dident. I was told by some friend that they usually block the light with tape/paper. I removed speedo and yes i found some paper blooking the lights for the brake and abs.. only issue now is that they are on constantly :(

i belive the steering wheel have been replaced earlier since the horn isent working either.. u guys have any idea on what to look for?

both parking brake and ABS is 100% in working condition, testet at the MOT, so for me its just a electrical issue :(

Simon,

Best to hook up your OBD 2 port to a code reader mate and see what fault codes are stored. :thumbs:

There are various issues that may be causing this.

Has your box of goodies arrived yet?

Alex. :)

Hey Guys n Girls.

Simon,

Best to hook up your OBD 2 port to a code reader mate and see what fault codes are stored. :thumbs:

There are various issues that may be causing this.

Has your box of goodies arrived yet?

Alex. :)

Yea that was what i was thinking. i dont know what the previous owner have been using the car for, but i guess racing :)

Nope.. no goodies yet, but we are buried in snow at the moment so delivery is a bit slow.. hoping for tomorrow :)

I had a problem with ABS light constantly on, for me it was just a switch in the rear lights that was confusing the ECU Pressure Sensor C1142.

Shame you would have to go all the way back to Germany to punch the guy on the nose! :boxing:

Hope you get it sorted real soon, if you can't get to a code reader then you can get them manually it is not too hard if you have a phone with a stopwatch ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=42284

Then you can hopefully try to find out where the problem is :thumbs: