my 350z problems?

bhams_stud

hi

i got a 350z when i put my foot down and change gears from 2nd to third i can hear a crunch like i just changed gear without the clutch fully down, but it is fully down?

it only happens when it goes into third, do you think the gearbox is faulty or it is on its way?

i hear that clicking sound aswell like one offs,

im thinking of selling it and then going for another one becauseof the problem and that its a 52plate what do you guys suggest, how much will nissan charge to take a look at it and anyone know the reason why it crunches in 3rd?

cheers

hi

i got a 350z when i put my foot down and change gears from 2nd to third i can hear a crunch like i just changed gear without the clutch fully down, but it is fully down?

it only happens when it goes into third, do you think the gearbox is faulty or it is on its way?

i hear that clicking sound aswell like one offs,

im thinking of selling it and then going for another one becauseof the problem and that its a 52plate what do you guys suggest, how much will nissan charge to take a look at it and anyone know the reason why it crunches in 3rd?

cheers

sounds like the syncro on its way out, wont be a cheap job :scare: If your going to have it repaired probably cheaper to look for a S/H gearbox from a breaker.... mind you no guarantees that that will be any better :headhurt:

As said above it does sound like the sync

Try changing the gearbox oil if it does nt get any better you could learn to live with it.

I ****ed the sync up on my s14a a few weeks after i bought it and it was ok for the 3yrs/20k miles untill i sold it I used to love getting the back end out and it went down santapod many times I never had any problems.