broadband speed help

350 Russ

Also, I found getting an ADSL Nation replacement face plate got me up from 2.5Mbs to 4Mbs connectio

Do they go on the primary socket or the secondary? That is if the router is plugged into a secondary socket ?

I used to know all this stuff 10 years ago. :blush::blush:

It (the face plate) replaces the master socket from BT. It has a built in microfilter which is far superior to the ones used in those supplied with routers. On the front it has sockets for phone and router, but it also (crucially) has IDC terminals on the back where you can run the dedicated ADSL and phone lines seperately to other sockets. So by using this at the master socket and router at a second, the line is split into phone and ADSL signals much sooner, which means you get an even better SNR on the line :thumbs:

Linky - http://www.adslnation.com/products/xte2005.php

Having just had Infinity (aka Fibre to the cabinet) enabled in my home, BT have also switched over to this standard of having the filter built into the master socket (they replaced mine with their new one).