Sub being enabled????

sparky370z

My system is just a aftermarket HU, using all the exsiting bose speakers, amps and sub.

Its quite loud but ekona gave me a unit that increases the volume. Only prob is i dont know where it goes. I assume it goes between the back speakers and the HU.

I had one of these on my pioneer. I put it on the rears as the headunit function "beeps" were channelled to the fronts which meant they were super loud every time it went off. I know the general consensus is the rear speakers are not that great so I would try them on both sides to see which works best.

R

The Bose stuff is all fed off speaker level outputs, so make sure that any dedicated sub output is turned off, that way it will send all frequencies through the speakers, rather than redirecting the low level sound to the sub.

Not sure what the unit is Dan gave you - if its a PAC-ROEM then it goes on the back of the head unit and then clips into the existing wiring that you unplugged from the headunit. The PAC-ROEM also allows you to change the levels per speaker, so have a fiddle and you can adjust front/rear to be right.

Not a PAC-ROEM then. So atm how do you have the headunit feeding into the Nissan loom? Did you buy a loom converter? Normally if you feed an aftermarket HU into the standard BOSE loom, it sounds very quiet, the PAC-ROEM increases the speaker outputs to what the amps expect.

No, its just a unit with 2 phono, in and 2 phono out. And a power wire. I think.

Is it this badboy?

PC9-460.jpg

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/autolead ... html?cat=0

i had 2 of those fitted to mine when I was using the Bose speakers and Amp, 1 for fronts and 1 for rears... the 'Beep' wasn't a problem as I hacked it to silent ;)

It worked fine with the Sub so not sure what your problem is, sounds like it is HU related to me...

Yup thats the kiddy. Perhaps i'll get another one and put that on the front then. I really cant tell if the sub is going tho. Perhaps im just being special. The sound level is ok, but just could be better if a bit louder. Im not really one for having my ears bleed but sometimes louder is better. ;):thumbs:

Yup thats the kiddy. Perhaps i'll get another one and put that on the front then. I really cant tell if the sub is going tho. Perhaps im just being special. The sound level is ok, but just could be better if a bit louder. Im not really one for having my ears bleed but sometimes louder is better. ;):thumbs:

Come down to Brighton tomorrow and you I will have a look :thumbs:

I mean listen :lol:

I really dont think that im gonna be able to make it now. I have to save money for the purchase of my house. We have just been told that we need to pay out roughly 1k by the end of the month. Oh dear!! So putting 60 quid of fuel at least is low down the list of priorities. Its a real pain as i was looking forward to going. I like brighton and the drive is nice.

We will see you at the next one for sure!

I really dont think that im gonna be able to make it now. I have to save money for the purchase of my house. We have just been told that we need to pay out roughly 1k by the end of the month. Oh dear!! So putting 60 quid of fuel at least is low down the list of priorities. Its a real pain as i was looking forward to going. I like brighton and the drive is nice.

We will see you at the next one for sure!

Bummer, but completely understand the priority there!

If your using an alpine headunit and the phono outputs to feed the bose amps the best thing to do first is turn off all filters and cross over freq. Sounds like the headunit isn't sending out any low freq over the front and rear channels.

What headunit is it? Is it imprint ready?

If your using an alpine headunit and the phono outputs to feed the bose amps the best thing to do first is turn off all filters and cross over freq. Sounds like the headunit isn't sending out any low freq over the front and rear channels.

What headunit is it? Is it imprint ready?

The unit is an iva 202r. I think. Not sure about the imprint. I'll try what you said. :thumbs: