2005/54 350z GT - General questions

HassanZ

The standard tyres are RE040's all round - not as good as the RE050's so perhaps the previous owner was in the process of upgrading? You have standard sizes on and I think standard PSI is 36 - there should be a little plaque on the driver door frame - if not the manual should have it. :)

The standard tyres are RE040's all round - not as good as the RE050's so perhaps the previous owner was in the process of upgrading? You have standard sizes on and I think standard PSI is 36 - there should be a little plaque on the driver door frame - if not the manual should have it. :)

Oh that's good to hear! So at least I now know the previous owner was not cutting corners as he got a set of rear 050a's (more expensive) fitted onto the rear wheels 3 days before I bought it! This cost him £400 and I've also been given a receipt for the work carried out. I'm quite surprised he decided to fit on expensive tires knowing he was going to sell the car a few days later? :wacko:

What type of oil do you use and what manufacturer is it?

I use 5w30 - this is the recommended SAE - personally I go for Silkolene Pro-S (it's now called Titan Race - same stuff). I buy from Opie Oils, you can get a discount for being a member on here!

Brand is a personal choice, but go for fully synthetic - lot of info here: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11431&start=0

Thank you for your advice! At the moment it is running on millers fully synthetic so I got nothing to worry about at the moment. I will probably change the brand of oil after my next service.

I will view the link you just sent me

• 1 month later...

As you already know, I've been having airbag light problems. I fiddled with the middle connector under the passenger seat then did the reset. The light went away for about a week before activating again. This time I thought I'd secure it properly and see if it helps, upon doing the reset again the light went for a few more days and came back on again!

Any suggestion?

This is really frustrating me now :(

Thanks guys!