Co-axial connectors

Daryl

May seem like a silly question,but iv bought new cable and a twin LNB for my new freesat box.

However,the company i got the cable from,have supplied me with 4x F connectors. Now,i know these screw on the LNB and the Freesat box,but do i need another connector to the cable into the F connectors?

I currently have 4 of these http://www.screwfix.com/prods/17061/Ele ... ial-F-Plug

Do i need anything else to get the cable into these,or do i just strip the cable back and ram it in there with the core protruding?

:thumbs:

Cheers guys,after i posted i thought id check google and found the same website. The bit that was concerning me was that i could see a thread on the f connecter,and thought that i needed to get another connector to go into this. There are so many darn connectors its confusing!

Are these suitable for use outside,or do i need another 2 for the dish end?

OK for outside but you will need either self amalgamating tape or you can buy plastic covers from Maplin etc. for them.

As in, they need to be protected from water ingress.

^^What he said. You dont want standard leccy tape, its self amalgamating stuff you want, wrap it up nice and tight to stop water getting in :thumbs: