Good Wheel Cleaner and good value

philb1965

On Tim from Envy's advice I bought some Espuma Revolution wheel cleaner.

Just thought I'd post up my findings.

It's great value about £16 for 5 litres and dilutes 10:1, so about 30p a litre diluted. Now bare in mind I used to use Megs Hot wheels at roughly £6 for 740ml!!! For the same amount of Megs I'd pay about £400. :scare:

As far as use and cleaning go, not much smell to it, foams up really well when agitated and cleans the wheels really well. I do agitate it a bit with brushes but the Hot Wheels used to need this to. It's equally as good if not better than the Megs at a fraction of the price.

I'm sure there are other good cleaners out there but this is worth a look.

If you use a ready mixed wheel cleaner do yourself and your wallet a favour and buy some of this..bargain!

Daryl the Bilberry only dilutes 4:1 and is more expensive in the 1st place!! I have tried it myself when it was 1st launched, believed all the hype but ended up disappointed.

Rev is the way to go :#1::#1:

Phil, glad you took the advice but I'm more glad your pleased with the product and get on well with it.

Best wishes

Tim

I thought Bullet used billberry at 5:1 and it milked his alloys. Always use it at 10:1

I think he used it neat.

I haven't tried the Espuma but I'd like to. I will get round to buying and using it one day! :lol::lol:

Is this totally safe for any type of wheels?
Not any good on chrome, bare metal wheels but should be fine on all painted surfaces.

If you want something 100% safe on everything I'd look at the Wolfs Chemicals (but they are not dilutable, and dont offer the same value as the Espuma Revolution does).

Is this totally safe for any type of wheels?
Not any good on chrome, bare metal wheels but should be fine on all painted surfaces.

If you want something 100% safe on everything I'd look at the Wolfs Chemicals (but they are not dilutable, and dont offer the same value as the Espuma Revolution does).

cheers mate

Yup, used Bilberry neat........at least I can act as an example to other members that caution should be advised with any cleaner that requires diluting :thumbs:

And here is that scary thread, lol

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24766

BTW, I have since found out that the layer on top of the polished lip on Volks is a anodized layer, not a laquer (been reading the US forums recently).

I have found a few threads on my350z that show how members across the pond have suffered the same damage as me and found ways to restore the shine, although it means that I'd have to clean them more often to maintain the shine, but I don't mind that :lol:

Yup, used Bilberry neat........at least I can act as an example to other members that caution should be advised with any cleaner that requires diluting :thumbs:

BTW, I have since found out that the layer on top of the polished lip on Volks is a anodized layer, not a laquer (been reading the US forums recently).

I have found a few threads on my350z that show how members across the pond have suffered the same damage as me and found ways to restore the shine, although it means that I'd have to clean them more often to maintain the shine, but I don't mind that :lol:

hopefully some good news then

EEk that is a scary thread. Wheels like that I am always very careful with. Worry about scratching them for starters, then would probably only try to clean with soap and water.

Lovely looking wheels tho B)

Tim

ps what was the end result btw?!