Looking to sell, whats it worth...?

un1eash

Hoping to sell my roadster as i have a baby on the way and its not the most practical!

Went to a local private garage which asked me before to offer him first refusal on it and he only offered me 8k for it! He didn't care that it was the GT with rays and reverse parking sensors and all the other little extras. Cheeky bugger!

Have contacted the private dealer i bought it off to see if he would like to buy it back.

Baby is not due till september so i can hold out a little longer, just have to wait and see i think!

According to parkers and my I phone app prices are slightly up this month, I'm bit of a saddo and check the price ecery so often lol

mines a Nov 03 GT with 56,000 on clock

In October it was £8,444 for private sale and £7991 trade in

In January it was £8,064 for private sale and £7,632 trade in

yesterday it was £8,874 for private sale and £8,057 trade in

and parkers yesterday was

Private Good £8,915

Private Poor £6,585

Part Exchange £7,895

This is another whats it worth thread as i'm looking to downgrade after just 8 months of 350Z ownership. We're looking to buy a house and are pushing to the maximum we can afford, as first time buyers i dont know the full costs of home ownership and dont want to come up short. We could keep the 350Z but then we could also save quite abit by downgrading for now. My car spec....

56 Plate GT 300 with Sat Nav

12,600 miles

Black Leather

Very good Condition, Unmarked Rays

Mot till May 27th (but i can put a fresh year on)

Tax till November 2011

Last Service was a P1 done on 15/09/10 @11,800 miles by CS.

Also has rear parking sensors and folding mirrors.

The car currently has a K1 fitted but i also have the stock exhaust which is in excellent condition.

Thanks in advance.

Parker valuation is

Private Good £13,435

Private Poor £11,045

Part Exchange £12,140

Hoping to sell my roadster as i have a baby on the way and its not the most practical!

Went to a local private garage which asked me before to offer him first refusal on it and he only offered me 8k for it! He didn't care that it was the GT with rays and reverse parking sensors and all the other little extras. Cheeky bugger!

Have contacted the private dealer i bought it off to see if he would like to buy it back.

Baby is not due till september so i can hold out a little longer, just have to wait and see i think!

I've been out in mine today as it looks like spring is FINALLY here, had to get it washed at the local hand car wash place (I don't even have a hose where I live :( ). I'd hold on for summer as prices should go up when we get some some nice weather!

£13k is a good offer then, i wanted £12k and the car we're looking at is only £5600.

1) Parkers is at the very best a VERY rough guide (use PH/autotrader, or at the very least Glass's guide!)

2) The dealer doesn't give a shitstick what P/X he offers you for your car.

The only figure he cares about is net profit. He reduces the cost of his car, or offers you more for yours. Either way it's the same thing.

That doesn't mean you're not getting a good deal btw. But it's worth bearing in mind not to be too hung up on one figure or the other and doing the same maths as the dealer, and then working out if it's a good deal. :thumbs:

Oh yeah i looked at the complete picture, but at the same time poeple are struggling to sell there cars so to be offered £13k i was shocked, i was hoping £12k tops at a push.

Anyway a deal has been done and the 350Z will be going. The trade in price wasnt actually calculated against a car i was buying, they just put it into there system and let the other dealers bid on it, they most prob have a buyer but either way its alot easier then trying to sell it with finance outstanding.