WOO HOO!!!! A Working boot!

slimjim

Might have to seriously consider it if I can't resolve it soon, it's driving me nuts, I've heard mixed reports about RainX though. I might go for Duxbak but it used to be fookin expensive, used it on the van windscreen and it's brill, lasts for months and months with one application so should last for ever on the rear with no wiper :lol:

It's a very true statement the wiper and motor a pretty heavy for what they are. All you need is rainX on the rear window and you don't need a rear wiper :thumbs:

I done the penny trick last week using rubber tap washers, worked perfectly so one push and boot pops up .. used to be two clicks and a hand! I need to send my struts off though as mine don't hold the boot up either! will get it done soon after seeing al these good reports ;)

rothers2091, what spoiler do you have? I keep thinking I don't want a spoiler, I like it as it is and dont want to look 2 fast 2 furious or anything (no offence to anyone, I like it on other cars but not mine B) ) but then I see spoilers like on yours and makes me re-think!

How many tap washers did you use fella? :)

I done the penny trick last week using rubber tap washers, worked perfectly so one push and boot pops up .. used to be two clicks and a hand! I need to send my struts off though as mine don't hold the boot up either! will get it done soon after seeing al these good reports ;)

rothers2091, what spoiler do you have? I keep thinking I don't want a spoiler, I like it as it is and dont want to look 2 fast 2 furious or anything (no offence to anyone, I like it on other cars but not mine B) ) but then I see spoilers like on yours and makes me re-think!

How many tap washers did you use fella? :)

Just one on each side, the tap washers are slightly thicker than a penny, but squishier so less chance of damaging the boot. Worked perfectly, one press pops it open without having to pull it free of the catch. Took literally 2 minutes, was well impressed :lol:

Bugger!! I've already got two on each side :wacko: Thanks for coming back though :thumbs:

Maybe the springs are too spongy now, try replacing the springs and see how that goes :thumbs: if you know someone else with a Z with working boot then maybe swap them over to see if it resolves yours before finding some springs?

Sounds like a plan, I'll speak to my buddy Spursmaddave :D

Bugger!! I've already got two on each side :wacko: Thanks for coming back though :thumbs:

Maybe the springs are too spongy now, try replacing the springs and see how that goes :thumbs: if you know someone else with a Z with working boot then maybe swap them over to see if it resolves yours before finding some springs?

I might have those in my special "remove heavy objects from the car" cabinet. I can't do anything at the mo as I'm at the Hilton in Stansted having a few beers before my skiing holiday tomorrow. But when I get back you can have them for keeps (if it works of course) in trade for a few beers in Wales?

Cheers Ian, that's a deal, beers it is, I'll pay the postage :thumbs: Where are you going for your hols? Have a good one and stay safe :)

I might have those in my special "remove heavy objects from the car" cabinet. I can't do anything at the mo as I'm at the Hilton in Stansted having a few beers before my skiing holiday tomorrow. But when I get back you can have them for keeps (if it works of course) in trade for a few beers in Wales?

Off to Austria and seeing parents at the same time as they moved to Hungary 4 years ago and it's a short 4 hour drive for them. It's my dads 70th birthday so he's said it's his last skiing trip.

Always safe matey only 3 hospital visits in 22 years of skiing.

Don't worry about the postage mate it's no problem at all. And you're right this place is the double dogs. Like last year in Wales when I was looking for NOS. not that I got any but 4 people were hunting down NOS for me to get e refill. Like I say when I'm back from hols I'll msg ya for your address to send the springs. Although if you end up getting a sooner response from Dave let me know. Otherwise these springs are yours :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...