Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers - what you think ????

Mull

cheers dave ill check them out still in two minds but i might just bite the bullet and make a purchase

MuLL

I was tempted, I have a lot of CF on the interior but decided that is where it will stay, not going to put any exterior bits on.

Trouble is where do you stop?

If you put the Mirror covers and pillar covers then the door handles will look odd...

cheers dave ill check them out still in two minds but i might just bite the bullet and make a purchase

MuLL

I was tempted, I have a lot of CF on the interior but decided that is where it will stay, not going to put any exterior bits on.

Trouble is where do you stop?

If you put the Mirror covers and pillar covers then the door handles will look odd...

i know mate its a nightmare know how you feel, i am doing the same now looking at CF nismo b pillars, spolier, front lip, rear diffuser, you name it :scare: . i just cant help it, said to myself i woudnt touch the zed and would leave the spare cash for my mini but that lasted about four months, the next thing i know the post mans dropping off samco hoses, spacers, springs among other stuff that hasnt arrived yet :teeth:

clakie cheers mate thats what ive been thinking, sometimes ebay is to good to be true

MuLL

What about using a CF wrap?

Not seen any in the flesh myself but it looks pretty good in the pics and it will definitely be a good fit.

Few traders on here who do it I think.

never thought of the wrap to be honest, i ve made the lad a offer for the pair on the sale board going to see what there like, thats if he accepts like. but thanks for the idea bud

MuLL

thats the dogs, and something that could be massive especially with interior plastics etc never seen anything like that before would like to have a closer look at the finish, printing technolgy seems to have come on so much over the last couple of years, you seen that 3d printing thats really cool to. whats it like price wise?? just out of intrest.

MuLL

i have some parts that are ready for dipping, was meant to this weekend, but i am still ill and had other work on, so hopefully will dip this weekend, and then laquer next week. will get pics up as and when i can.

price wise it should be cheaper than the real carbon fibre stuff, but a little more than wrapping. but the advantage over wrapping is there are no edges or joins and should give the appearance of being real carbon.

cool, looks very clean from those videos like. if you could post some pictures that would be great would like to see up close.

MuLL .

more than happy too,

when i'm ready i'll link to the website and everything i've set up. once i have the pics i'll be going public on the forums.