Bilt Hamber -soft AUTO-CLAY!??

jerry3167

Hi Guys,

Have had this Bilt hamber clay sitting around for some time, so I thought, new years day I will clay my Bonnet and see what its like!!

Has the advantage of needing only water as a lube, so wish me luck, hope for best results!! ;)

Anyone else used this one before??

Happy new year to all!!

Jerry :)

I'm not a fan.

I've only ever used this and the megs clay but I preferred the megs. The bilt hamer seemed to go dry very easy and I was using megs last touch as a lube and plenty of it.

Did the trick ok but was a lot more work for me than the megs. Still got some left so I'll try it again when it warms up a bit.

I'm not a fan.

I've only ever used this and the megs clay but I preferred the megs. The bilt hamer seemed to go dry very easy and I was using megs last touch as a lube and plenty of it.

Did the trick ok but was a lot more work for me than the megs. Still got some left so I'll try it again when it warms up a bit.

Thanks for that phil.

You`d hope that Bilt Hamber would have done testing, alot of it, to be sure it works well, I have only heard good things about it.

i use bilt hamber clay, and although you apparently can just use water, i would put a spot of quality car wash in to break the surface tension and help the clay glide, especially on the soft Zed paint.

Even the soft clay can be a bit stiff in really low temperatures. use two bits and rotate them keeping the spare in some warm water.

good value for money with the size of the bar but to be honest i didnt get on with

it , found it hard to shape and felt very dry IMO

I use megs or sonus green and find them a lot more user friendly , as said above, you can always use a bit of shampoo mixed with water for a cheap clay lube if you havent got any.

I have just finished claying my car and I am knackard, was hungover doing it! I have been using Autoglyms kit which has just about run out. How does this kit compare to Megs?

Also I have got two uber n00b questions:

1. Can I use the clay bar on my alloys?

2. I have used the "resin" polish after claying, do I need to wax the car again after that with normal polish? I might just wax it again anyway if it makes any difference having two coats on there?

All the best

I have just finished claying my car and I am knackard, was hungover doing it! I have been using Autoglyms kit which has just about run out. How does this kit compare to Megs?

2. I have used the "resin" polish after claying, do I need to wax the car again after that with normal polish? I might just wax it again anyway if it makes any difference having two coats on there?

All the best

1. Yes

2. define wax and polish to me.......

The Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a polish that has fillers in it. You need to use a specific wax on top of it. Polish and wax are different things. Polish has abrasives and wax seals the paint. Layering wax is fine but it's a good idea to 'strip' it all off every now and then to apply fresh wax to the clean paint.

All the best

1. Yes

2. define wax and polish to me.......

The Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a polish that has fillers in it. You need to use a specific wax on top of it. Polish and wax are different things. Polish has abrasives and wax seals the paint. Layering wax is fine but it's a good idea to 'strip' it all off every now and then to apply fresh wax to the clean paint.

Cheers Stew, thats Sunday sorted! :thumbs: