Heating

Leenx

What with the cold weather coming and the early morning fog, I was double checking the heating and demisting in the Zed. All seemed ok, except:

1. Climate control - I only need to turn the heat dial one click and the heat generated seems to be the same pretty much as turning the dial all the way to 32 degrees - Really warm!

2. Wing Mirrors - I may have this wrong but I thought the wing mirrors automatically demisted or do they just defrost?

Have I got this wrong?

The climate control is the car trying to get the cabin up to the heat you select as quickly as possible. Just the same in the hot weather when you put it on 25 or 18 it will still blast cold air until it gets to the ambient temperature you select.

What with the cold weather coming and the early morning fog, I was double checking the heating and demisting in the Zed. All seemed ok, except:

1. Climate control - I only need to turn the heat dial one click and the heat generated seems to be the same pretty much as turning the dial all the way to 32 degrees - Really warm!

2. Wing Mirrors - I may have this wrong but I thought the wing mirrors automatically demisted or do they just defrost?

Have I got this wrong?

Agree with H5's reply above. As far as the wing mirrors go they will defrost you just need to put the rear window demister on

Thanks guys. so re the heating inside the car. Are we saying for example if you get in the car and the inside temperature is at say 15 degrees and you have selected on the heating dial 18 degrees the car will give out the hottest air possible until that inside temperature of 18 degrees is reached. Then after that temperature is reached in the car the heat output will allign itself to give out 18 degree heat constantly?

Re the wing mirrors then, once demister is selected for rear window your frosted mirrors will defrost, but wont actually demist your mirrors if you have say dew on them in the early mornings?

These probably sound like really thicko questions but I've only got Japanese handbook so it's pretty useless reading!

Thanks guys. so re the heating inside the car. Are we saying for example if you get in the car and the inside temperature is at say 15 degrees and you have selected on the heating dial 18 degrees the car will give out the hottest air possible until that inside temperature of 18 degrees is reached. Then after that temperature is reached in the car the heat output will allign itself to give out 18 degree heat constantly?

Re the wing mirrors then, once demister is selected for rear window your frosted mirrors will defrost, but wont actually demist your mirrors if you have say dew on them in the early mornings?

These probably sound like really thicko questions but I've only got Japanese handbook so it's pretty useless reading!

Pretty much, yeah, but it's down to the accuracy of the heat sensor in the car from that point! The aim of the climate is to get the cabin to a temperature and then keep it there. :)

As for the dew, not sure how strong the heating element is as to whether it'd be very quick, but it should clear it.

Pretty much, yeah, but it's down to the accuracy of the heat sensor in the car from that point! The aim of the climate is to get the cabin to a temperature and then keep it there. :)

As for the dew, not sure how strong the heating element is as to whether it'd be very quick, but it should clear it.

Dew on mirrors should be cleared in seconds. :)

Mine don't! Any ideas?

Hmmm not sure mate, maybe Lomoto can confirm if its an option on JDM's - standard fit on the Uk cars

to be honest I have never had to use mine yet, but I did test them when I first got the car and they certainly got warm when the rear window heater switch was on :thumbs: and as far as I can gather a standard fit on all spec Zed's :)

Not sure - didn't check, will check on journey home tonight, but as I was coming into work - about an hour drive there was still dew left on the passenger wing mirror. I'm beginning to think that some of my electrics are buggered - i.e. lights, heating, :angry:

P.S - Any idea how much a front passenger side ball joint will cost?

:rant::thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...