Swapping some stuff - and some dumb questions...

Kuro

Folks of the Zed fraternity, :teeth:

I' considering changing the speakers for something with a bit more twang, and after some recommendations and advice.

Ok, firstly brand. I tend to usually buy anything reasonable expensive and hope it works. Judging by my last experince in the Scooby, this approach is pants :headhurt:

So, what makes do you guys have, and do they sound ok?

Now then, up front, do I need to replace the tweeters, or can I combine these with any old 17com speaker. (or are they 16cm, can't remember now) I take it there are crossovers in the door somewhere?

I'm also thinking if it's possible to replace everything up front with some Infinity components, 6500cs IIRC?

The rears are not too complicated so I can just swap those over.

Ideally I'd like to keep the headunit, just to make life in the cabin easier, so if anyone has done this with good results I'd really like to hear about it.

Thanks all :thumbs:

That thing is BIzarre looking, but strangely, I like it.

I changed my fronts for Infinity 6500CS they are deeper than the standard much, so you have to make risers out of MDF to bring them out and stop the window from hitting it!

I left in all the cabling and fitted the new speakers and tweeters and ran new cabling - the crossover from the Infinity pack fitted into the door :)

I ripped out the Bose piece of Sh1T too and fitted a JVC I had lying around - its not a great HU, but with the speakers, it's much better than the Bose. I also removed the sub and I fitted 2x12" subs, a cap and an amp in the boot B)

eddmac, don't suppose you have any pics of the sub install?

I'm running the standard headunit BTW, not the bose setup guys. So I guess I'm after quite a stealthy install.

(and yes, that headunit mate looks like a frickin' alien :scare: )

Good to see that the Infinities are listed here too. When you say they sound deeper, is that just on higher volumes, or is there an all round improvement? And 6500cs fit ok - perfect!

I've done the MDF spacer crap before, but how easy is the wiring, crossover included? In my last car I just used the existing wiring and cripmed it to the terminals.