BRAKE PADS

max

just been into nissan dealer to pick my father in laws car up, while i was there i asked how much for a set off front pads as i saw the group buy price, his quote was £171 supply only,must be having a laugh or is that right.

max.

Yep he's having a laugh mate but I wouldn't be surprised if the price is right. Main dealers for you. The only reason I'm using a main dealer is cos I'm under warranty, my brakes certainly won't be getting done by them thats for sure

Nothing as far as I'm aware, these are perishable items anyway and wouldn't be covered under warranty. My point was don't get it done at the dealer mate :thumbs:

...too right....doing them myself....only waiting to see if the group buy goes ahead on the pads :thumbs: !!

Nothing as far as I'm aware, these are perishable items anyway and wouldn't be covered under warranty. My point was don't get it done at the dealer mate :thumbs:

...too right....doing them myself....only waiting to see if the group buy goes ahead on the pads :thumbs: !!

Yep, fingers crossed eh? But its looking less & less likely. Blacky needs to know by Sunday and theres hasn't really been much interest by the looks of things

Yep, fingers crossed eh? But its looking less & less likely. Blacky needs to know by Sunday and theres hasn't really been much interest by the looks of things

Yeah it's not looking good, more a luxury item for me though so can make do without so I wont be too disappointed.

It could be worse, when I had an M3 it was £500 for the fronts discs and pads

Not far off Nissans price as they quoted me £173 plus VAT EACH plus £150 for pads plus fitting :scare::thumbdown:

Do them yourself then....

What's the worst that can happen :scare:

I did ;)

Well somebody did them for me :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I think manufacturers have a flick through the aftermarket brake catalogues and if any model isn't mentioned they use the lottery machine to make up the price!

Notable examples (The ones I can remember) are...

Mitsubishi L200 £72

Chrysler Neon (All models) £93

and anything with Brembo brake calipers seems to attract even higher prices, at one point Mitsubishi used to charge £230 for brake pads for their Evo 8.

Seat used to charge £148 for REAR pads for their shi...unimpressive Turbo R

Most 350Z obviously suffer from Brembo brake syndrome too.

While I have yet to have the joy of driving the brake pads off a Zed (Ban is up in January! :yahoo: ) what about EBC redstuff? While they are not cheap they are usually cheaper than OE and usually better!