japspeed k1 exhaust

donk1505

hi everyone

finally picked the 350 roadster up on friday and have been out in it all weekend :teeth:

fitted the new japspeed k1 exhaust yesterday but was a little bit loud for me, especially as i still have the standard bose system and havent upgraded due to funds

so i have taken it off and looking at maybe getting a custom exhaust made up.

gonna be advertising the exhaust shortly once ive taken some pictures so let me know if anyones interested in it.

(has been on for a day and has only covered a few miles due to test run so is still brand new with gaskets, no box though as cut that up and used to lay on when fitting :doh: )

yeah did a bit of research just not the sort of tone i was hoping for, really should of waited till i heard one in the flesh to decide on what system to go with :bang:

:doh:

I have an HKS dual, and its just right for me in my roadster.viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41559

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41945

Others like the Miltek, but just a tad to quiet for me, sound very stockish IMO(Sorry Miltek Owners) :surrender:

What sound are you looking for and how much you want to spend?

It's a shame to find out the hard way like that, but it is indeed tricky to find the db levels you can expect from these systems, if at all in most cases! Bit of a contrast to say Walkinshaw, who do infact quote the db levels for their systems, so you can make a better judgement on what would drive you insane. :thumbs:

looking for a loudish crisp sound. problem is i live in a small cul de sac and leave for work at 4am, so dont wanna annoy my neighbours to much.

was hoping to spend no more than £400 really.

the hks copy on ebay looks B)

Who cares about the neighbours.....Why are we all so fricking consumed about keeping other people happy....live your life as you want too, frick the rest of em. Sorry rant over.. :wacko:

The Ebay one will need some mods as i said before.

Did you see my post with the video clip?

yeah just watched it :)

sounds great! definitely be looking into it.

what sort of modding does it need to fit my uk model?

The pipes that go around the differential need to be cut, bent and rewelded so they clear the diff fins, others have actually shaved some off the diff fins to allow clearance without modding the pipe. Also the tail pipes may stick out to far from the rear bumper and will need cutting back and rewelding. Sound loads, but in the right hands a piece of cake. :thumbs:

i live in a cul de sac, and have the same system as Zugara

Sounds frickin' amazing. Not too loud at all on startup. A little deep, but not excessive. I wasnt allowed a K1, and i thought this would be pushing it, but so far so good, no complaints!