new speakers???

sparky370z

hi guys,

been having a look round to replace the speakers in the front of the car. however i have no idea what to get.

basically, i would need a half reasonable set but cheap enough to keep under the radar of the mrs! :lol::lol::blush:

i would like to keep the original wiring and get some adapters for the loom.

any ideas??

cheers in advance!!

sparky

hi guys,

been having a look round to replace the speakers in the front of the car. however i have no idea what to get.

basically, i would need a half reasonable set but cheap enough to keep under the radar of the mrs! :lol::lol::blush:

i would like to keep the original wiring and get some adapters for the loom.

any ideas??

cheers in advance!!

sparky

If you don't know an awful lot about it (like me) I would just go to a decent I.C.E. place and get them to give you some options :thumbs:

Plenty of people on here know LOADS about I.C.E. and will say get this and get that but at the end of the day pretty much anything is gonna sound better than what you got at the moment :surrender:

Best thing is to work out how much wonga you got and then work from there.... I spent about £800 and that was with 2nd hand speakers and not even replacing the sub... but boy does it sound good :yahoo::dance::band:

well so far i got,

alpine iva 202r with BT and ipod.

also a rear reversing cam.

i have got some 6x9's in the garage.

perhaps i'll replace them at a later date then

i need to fit all of this tho.

also has anyone fitted anything like this?

770 Eonon New In Car Digital DVB-T TV Tuner Receiver

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/770-Eonon-New-Car ... 786wt_1139

well so far i got,

alpine iva 202r with BT and ipod.

also a rear reversing cam.

i have got some 6x9's in the garage.

perhaps i'll replace them at a later date then

i need to fit all of this tho.

also has anyone fitted anything like this?

770 Eonon New In Car Digital DVB-T TV Tuner Receiver

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/770-Eonon-New-Car ... 786wt_1139

I would be wary of something so cheap, I looked at a DAB/TV tuner and most were at least £150 and you usually get what you pay for..... I didn't want it for TV I have never even watched a DVD in my car or played a video from my iPod... I just wanted DAB :bang:

As your still running the bose speakers of the bose amp you shouldnt really just replace the speakers as the bose speakers tend to be a much lower ohm then the aftermarket standard, this could cause the amp or speakers to burn out, it may work but wont really sound any better. Your best bet is to re-wire and run the speakers from either the headunit or a new aftermarket amp.

im running focal polyglass 3 way 165's in the front and rear powered by a directed 4 channel amp and a mono directed amp powering the rockford fosgate 12"sub. the sub box was custom fit replacing the original bose sub and housing. kenwood kvt-729 single din motorised monitor with cd/dvd paired with a single din kenwood kgc -9044 eleven band graphic equaliser and kenwood kca-bt100 bluetooth handsfree box.