How i stopped my BOSE from skipping.

nicon2k

Quick update. I stuck another couple of packs in there to see if there was a cumulative effect. THERE IS!!!!

Driving home in the cold pouring rain on sunday i had one skip in just under two hours.

This is from a system that was almost unusable before. Very happy!

I dont suppose this solves the speaker problems too does it, we can't listen to CD's at all in the car anymore, either the passenger footwell speaker cuts out, or the whole bloody lot does!

it wont but there is a very good guide on here to sort that out. but requires the removal of the radio.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really like my Bose system, the sound is great and the slow fade up of sound on power is especially pleasing. However the CD does skip for the first 10 min of any trip and so must listen to radio until all is warm and toasty. I'd therefore pref not to replace the head unit and just wondered if anyone had found Permenant solutions? In the meantime I will try the silica gel route.

Does the volume fade up under acceleration? Lol, iv never noticed that before. I've been trying the silica packs. Hasnt made any difference. Only seems to work when I get the cabin temperature upto 32 with the climate control. But by then I've passed out. I'd love to know of a fix for it aswel. Any other decent cd players you can use as direct replacement?