clutch about to go ???

yokomo

I think my clutch maybe about to go on me....

pulling away at the end of traffic on the way home i suddunly got the slip light come on for what seemed easying away and some very poor acell wiht a squrimy car whihc it did for a fiar while and now there seems to be bit of a dead area at the top of the travel . signs its about to give up ???

car has coming up 76k on what i assume is the original clutch so not totally un expected.

if it is gone do i neeeed to replace the fly or will nice new exedy on its own be ok ?

I think my clutch maybe about to go on me....

pulling away at the end of traffic on the way home i suddunly got the slip light come on for what seemed easying away and some very poor acell wiht a squrimy car whihc it did for a fiar while and now there seems to be bit of a dead area at the top of the travel . signs its about to give up ???

car has coming up 76k on what i assume is the original clutch so not totally un expected.

if it is gone do i neeeed to replace the fly or will nice new exedy on its own be ok ?

Mine was changed about the same time :pmzmanalex: he will tell you to replace the flywheel as well, a nice fidanza lightweght one and you will really notice the difference.... ok a little chatter and clatter but wow does it pick up quick :scare:

Doesn't sound like the clutch to me (with the slip light coming on?)

If that's your first clutch at that mileage then you have done bloody well!!!!

Try pulling away from stationary in 4th gear - if the clutch slips then its a sure sign its on its on its way out.

Try pulling away from stationary in 4th gear - if the clutch slips then its a sure sign its on its on its way out.

by pulling away do you mean litterlaly from stand still use 4th as first and see if it stalls ?

also whats the going rate for fitting ?

by pulling away do you mean litterlaly from stand still use 4th as first and see if it stalls ?

also whats the going rate for fitting ?

Yep - from stand-still stick in 4th and give it plenty of revs (so it doesn't stall)- release clutch gently - if the cars starts to move forward clutch is okay, if you hear it slip then clutch is on its way out.

I had my last clutch fitted for £120 but that was mates rates - should be about £200 inc fly-wheel fitting depending on where you go etc

doh typing fail !

Alex have you got any fidanza in stock ?

He always has everything in stock, I'm sure he makes most of it on site :lol:

You won't regret getting the Fidanza ;)

Make sure they change the gearbox oil when you get it fitted and add some of the gearbox additive that Alex recommends, can't remember what it's called :blush: Then everything will be smooooooooth :thumbs:

Molyslip? :)

doh typing fail !

He always has everything in stock, I'm sure he makes most of it on site :lol:

You won't regret getting the Fidanza ;)

Make sure they change the gearbox oil when you get it fitted and add some of the gearbox additive that Alex recommends, can't remember what it's called :blush: Then everything will be smooooooooth :thumbs:

doh typing fail !

Exedy clutch kits and lightened ally flys in stock :thumbs:

Also got clutch slave and masters and fluids, all good to go same/next day. :thumbs:

Drop me a pm if I can help you further.